Lego is a tool of Satan, warns Polish Priest

kangotti

As a Christian I do stay away of these themes. Even if they make money.

But that's my personal opinion and has nothing to do with believing that Satan will harm me through these themes. Which eventually would not even be possible when you are a Christian.

Sent from my iPhone usin

As the father of a 4 and a half year old son who loves Power Ranger and Aquabat monsters, I cannot argue with this priest.  I cannot recall being as aggressive or destructive as my son at his age.  Maybe I'm just a bad parent, but the TV shows and toys kids are exposed to nowadays definitely have a darker side to them and LEGO is no different.  They might not be Satanic, but there is a more evil appearance to many LEGO minifigures.

As the father of a 4 and a half year old son who loves Power Ranger and Aquabat monsters, I cannot argue with this priest.  I cannot recall being as aggressive or destructive as my son at his age.  Maybe I'm just a bad parent, but the TV shows and toys kids are exposed to nowadays definitely have a darker side to them and LEGO is no different.  They might not be Satanic, but there is a more evil appearance to many LEGO minifigures.

Well, yes, the same can be said for DC or Marvel superheroes and villains.  I remember "Battle of the Planets" and "Space Giants" being pretty violent when I was a kid too.  Evel Knievel didn't teach us how to distinguish from right and wrong either, but I did have a bunch of scrapes and bruises from attempting stupid stunts.  I'm not sure if that was good or bad for me?

• Like 1

Well, yes, the same can be said for DC or Marvel superheroes and villains.  I remember "Battle of the Planets" and "Space Giants" being pretty violent when I was a kid too.

Sure, I grew up on Star Blazers and Battle of the Planets, but while I would make LEGO sets based on those types of shows, my son is ripping the arms off of Power Ranger dolls that he makes scream in agony.  LOL

• Like 2

We have toy rules in are house, if it does not pass it, we don't get it.  

And believe it or not, we have let our oldest do archery scene she was 5, and a real bow at 6 1/2.  We even take her to competitions. We did not force it, actually it kind of surprised us when she asked for a bow, and now we all do it.

Evil appearance? Come on... somebody lock this thread before my agnostic 'sensibilties' start flying off the handle. j/k  :shifty:

I think LEGO is just maturing a bit more as a toy mainly because their marketing dept knows that a big chunk of their customer base is much older than the preteen age group. Nothing evil or Satanic to subvert the children here.... 

Sure, I grew up on Star Blazers and Battle of the Planets, but while I would make LEGO sets based on those types of shows, my son is ripping the arms off of Power Ranger dolls that he makes scream in agony.  LOL

I loved trying to make the Phoenix w/ my Legos when I was a kid.  Batlle of the Planets was so cool.

• Like 1

And you never used an M-80 on a GI joe or put a Cherry Bomb in a Hot Wheel?

Not all of the toys from our childhood were tossed out or given away, most were trashed, by us, while playing with them.

Take the religious aspect from it.  Toys are meaner looking today than in the past.

I agree, and also allot more sexual. I just want my kids to have fun and not deal with grown up issues till they are in middle school at least. Kid should just be kids. 

Sad note: We have had to have the sex and the drug talk with are 2nd grader cause these are now happening at that level.  

Evil appearance? Come on... somebody lock this thread before my agnostic 'sensibilties' start flying off the handle. j/k  :shifty:

I think LEGO is just maturing a bit more as a toy mainly because their marketing dept knows that a big chunk of their customer base is much older than the preteen age group. Nothing evil or Satanic to subvert the children here.... 

Your avatar looks pretty damn evil to me.  Sorry.  LEGO sets 20-30 years ago had nothing close to that.  

Guilty!  Lady fingers in MPC Models too. 

I was lucky that I had a destructive neighbor who's Mom threw out all of his old toys before Christmas every year and he got all new stuff.  He had no problem destroying his stuff, so my stuff stayed in my room.  I would love to have 1/10 of the toys his Mom threw away during our childhood, like an entire set of Shogun Warriors.  I about cried when they went out with the trash.

I literally saw this kid use his 33 and 45 rpm records as frisbees.

Not all of the toys from our childhood were tossed out or given away, most were trashed, by us, while playing with them.

We use to duct tape model rocket engines to tonka trucks. Fastest dump truck on for plastic wheels.
  • Like 1