6869 - Quinjet Aerial Battle

Doofy McGee

What were the rumors regarding EOL for these sets?  It appears Hulk set is definitely done as amazon, target, walmart, and s/**** are all out.  What about the Quinjet??  It seems to be out of stock on S/****, walmart, target, and amazon has its price @ $60 now.  Could it be near retirement as well?   I agree with others who have said that the Quinjet set is cool, but I don't know about its investment potential.  The only exclusive pieces are Black Widow and Mark 7 IM, if I recall correctly...

I think I've got 14 hulks and 5 Quinjets. One of my walmarts still has 33 Quinjets at $49 as of last week. I'm hoping to buy all they have left at $24.50 (I'm hoping they do an additional 50% off).

I think these are a no brainer. They are hard to move at the moment because its in between movies but with The shield TV show, Lego marvel video game and more upcoming marvel movies these are going to be an easy sell in the next 12 months.

The Quinjets...just look like such a boring build to me. I got two at significant clearance and couldn't stomach buying any more. I don't like the Hulk set much either, except the Hulk himself. I'll keep one of that set for myself and try to get a decent gain from the others. I probably won't pull the Hulk from the sets since it looks like they are on the way out, now.

The Quinjets...just look like such a boring build to me. I got two at significant clearance and couldn't stomach buying any more. I don't like the Hulk set much either, except the Hulk himself. I'll keep one of that set for myself and try to get a decent gain from the others. I probably won't pull the Hulk from the sets since it looks like they are on the way out, now.

Those have been lingering on the shelves for me where I am.  The Quinjets were all gone when I got marked down back in July for 35 at Target.  There are still a ton at Walmart for 70 that haven't moved in months.  The Hulk set has been at 35 in the Walmarts in my area with no takers.  The Quinjets is definitely a buy and hold and the Hulk set can be parted out for short term gains.  

This is exactly what I mean with these 2 sets... No Love at all.
Is it because its the Avengers? 

Same goes for the Malibu Mansion.......$28 bucks and no takers?????????

In regards to the eol... Lego doesn't even show the Quinjet on the Marvel page anymore.  If you search for it, its "temporary out of stock"
Within the Targets and Walmarts in my area, these two sets are gone from the shelves.
Both sets are gone from Target and Walmarts websites.

Im hoping these are sleepers.

This is exactly what I mean with these 2 sets... No Love at all.

Is it because its the Avengers? 

Same goes for the Malibu Mansion.......$28 bucks and no takers?????????

In regards to the eol... Lego doesn't even show the Quinjet on the Marvel page anymore.  If you search for it, its "temporary out of stock"

Within the Targets and Walmarts in my area, these two sets are gone from the shelves.

Both sets are gone from Target and Walmarts websites.

Im hoping these are sleepers.

Scoring a few falcons for 30 bucks gives you some wiggle room.  

Those 2 sets are tough since the only thing I can see are minifigures that have potential (Thor, Hulk and Black Widow).  Loki is just sad, by far the most worthless villain in Lego.  Loki Cube Escape is still around is just a slap in the face for Loki.  Saving grace is they are decently priced to have a few to keep.

Got a Hulk for $10 at a semi-local Walmart I was driving by.  Couldn't find a price on the rack, just got a nice surprise when I checked out.

I'm new to this whole thing, I was tempted to just turn a quick $40 profit immediately (I could have just returned it to my actual local Walmart, which was still selling them for $50), but that seems anathema to what I'm trying to learn, here :)

• Like 1

I really wish these sets were better designed and not so... Kid friendly.

Now there's an interesting thought. A Lego set designed for the children. Who knew? :blum:

I admit Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout is the least impressive of them all with the only redeeming feature of The Hulk and Thor, and between a choice of that set or the Quinjet at retail, I would go with the Quinjet. Big kickass ship and cool parts, plus you get Black Widow and Thor. I was content to find myself the Hulk set for $35 at Walmart but ended up missing out on Quinjet which went down by $10 at Target to then sell out. (They only had one on the shelf before their summer clearance event even started. What else was going to happen? I could have bought a few sets for half off but, oh right, why bother to stock up? Oh yeah, lets slap a half off sticker on a set with maybe only two boxes on the shelf in the beginning! Morons....)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for late heads up.

Target has 2 sets on half off when you use the cart wheel app on target and another App called shopkick.

5$ off with shopkick

50% off with target cartwheel app.

TODAY ONLY!!

My target has them (4440)for $50 so it was $25 off and $5 off hence net cost was $20

• 3 months later...

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/14/marvels-black-widow-film-3-things-you-need-to-know.aspx

Maybe quinjet isn't such a bad buy after all... I never really liked black widow but if they are making a movie out of it do you think there would be strong enough demand to produce a set/series of sets just for that movie or is this the quinjet black widow likely to be the only one we see?

Assuming LEGO still has the license when this came out, it would be silly of them not to have at least 1 Black Widow set. I couldn't really see them not doing one, especially a smaller/cheaper one than Quinjet.

If for some reason they don't make sets for the Black Widow movie; there's a good chance she'd be in an Avengers 2 set anyways.

But who knows!

• Like 1