6869 - Quinjet Aerial Battle

Doofy McGee

Thursday is the next mark down day.  Still nothing lego on sale at any of my tragets.  Even the spongebobs scan at fuil retail.  I am serioursly thinking about taking a road trip.  Went to every Walmart and Target in NH last week when we were on vacation.  Nothing.  Plenty of lego in clearance isles of Walmart with red stickers--at full retail.  Nothing on sale at Target.  I haven't seen anyone posting from MA/RI/NH besides me--getting really sick of checking the same stores for nothing though.

The target in Braintree MA literally had 30 gandalph arrives for full retail--captain america bikes, every single monster fighters--even swamp creature in full abundance--all scanning for retail.

The last 2 sets I wanted for my son to build are quinjet and batman tumbler.  I finally gave up and grabbed a tumbler for retail---If the quinjets at Walmart don't go on clearance soon, I am just going to get one from AMZN.   Crying uncle.

TheOrcKing

Why do you think Friday will be a good day?  The reason I'm asking is I plan on taking a road trip one day this week to hit some Targets and other retailers and would love to make it a day worth  the drive!

Thanks!

Thursday is Target's typical day for discounting toys, but this coming Friday and Saturday are supposed to be some kind of "Bonus Black Friday" sales event.

Here's the webstore link.

• 4 weeks later...

In my area, there's only 1 set that I can count on seeing in the clearance isle and it's the Quinjet for $49.00. At first I was excited and bought 2 (like 4 weeks ago). Now they are everywhere and I cnt bring myself to buy anymore despite it being an under rated set (really a fun build + Thor + black widow). If they drop to 35 or under I'd grab them.

There are 10 or so at my Walmart I am hoping hit $35.

• 1 month later...

I have 53 of the Hulk Set... I'm banking on it being an easy 75 by Christmas. Still trying to get more too. Have gotten all but the first two on significant clearance. I think it's a great price. I only have around ten Quinjet's. I just don't like the set that much and would rather buy more hulks. I used to sell just the Hulk's still sealed in their maxifig bags at 25 bucks a pop (usually what I paid for the set) but I've stopped doing that and am now just sitting on the sealed sets! Great set I highly advise people to buy it!

I have a couple Hulk sets that I bought for $34.99 and only one Quinjet that I also bought for $34.99.  I plan to open the Quinjet and one of the Hulk sets.  I would like to get more Hulk sets, but I'm not sure 20% off is enough for me to justify buying more.  My baseline for a good price has been significantly altered by this site and the semi-annual clearance sales.  :thumbsup:

my local Target has 4 left and does price match Target.com but the rest of the 4 all have box creases and damage.

I imagine it's prob. still worth picking up even in damaged boxes for $38.31 each.

thoughts?

Go for it...Hulk is worth 20-25 then you got a few minifigures and bricks to recover the rest of the capital if DODO hits the fan.

I honestly have just poped the hulk minfig out of a few sets and just kept that.

The quinjet is a nice ship, a nice build and everything but I just odn't don't know why its not that popular. I mean, to be fair, its a different sort of plane/aircraft, but it definitely doesn't have a big part in the movie and gets easily blown up. I just don't know.

I want to have a couple just in case, but I really think there are better sets out there.