Used Star Wars lot...should I?

If you have that kind of money, and that kind of time - and the sets are really complete, nicely separated, with instructions... Maybe, but I think it might be a bit on the high side. I would be more comfortable with something like 1200, but even then. It's a lot of money if something doesn't go as planned.

• Like 1

Simple.  1600/3300 = .48 or 48% of market value so initially it looks like a good deal but break it down a little further.

selling them on ebay would take roughly 15% off the top in fees and paypal (will call it 20% to be safe).  take into account missing pieces (there will be unless the guy is absolutely OCD) and a safety margin say another 10% to account for fluctuations and other variables.

3300 * .7 = 2310

2310 - 1600 = $710.00 in profit

Now ask yourself is the time spent to go through the lot, inventory, clean, photograph and wait for everything to sell worth $710.00?

I agree with Knarrff, 1200 would be more like it.

• Like 2

Yeah I did this a couple of times and then realized its not worth it unless you are getting them for 30% or so of the price or they are in great condition.

I bought a used lot at 65% of the value or so once, but they had everything perfectly seperated all in original boxes. So I didn't have to do anything but list them.

It all depends....I enjoy sorting lots and completing sets so at 50% I would jump if it is something I am interested in. Of course 3 hours into sorting a lot I am wondering if I am slightly insane lol. Doing this with craigslist lots is not for everyone but you can definitely make good money on it.

• Like 1

I bought a large lot back in August where the guy had separated all the minifigs. I'm still sorting through the lot, and am starting to find a few minifigs missing. So you cant be too sure. I paid prob about 50-60% of the used price and many of the sets are starting to retire so I think I can at least double my money if not more, but it is definitely a lot of work. I get to build all the sets though so it's fun.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

It all depends....I enjoy sorting lots and completing sets so at 50% I would jump if it is something I am interested in. Of course 3 hours into sorting a lot I am wondering if I am slightly insane lol. Doing this with craigslist lots is not for everyone but you can definitely make good money on it.

Great point. I can't stand the sorting so it has to really be worth it. Or I have to want to build a bunch of the sets.

I bought the whole Dino lineup all mixed in. but that is because I wanted the sets I didn't have and I sold the ones I did for the price I paid for the lot. Free T-rex hunter bruh!