Item in wrong color - worth to ask for replacing with LEGO?

Dennan

I'm building a Palace Cinema set, and noticed one item is in the box but the wrong color.

Is this worth it to report to Lego and ask for a replacement?

It's nothing special just a 1x4 piece in the box is a brownish one and according to the manual it should be black.

Guest TabbyBoy

Are you sure that a black piece wasn't used instead of a brown one earlier?  It'd bug me to hell so I'd ask Lego to send it to me.  If you ever sell it, you can't risk the buyer leaving you negative feedback.

Guest TabbyBoy

Ive built 5 sets in the last 2 weeks. 4 had parts missing. Whats up with quality control?

It has dropped significantly.  Out of the last 5 sealed boxes I opened, 2 had missing parts (40% failure rate).  A couple of years ago, I opened about 12 and not one part was missing.  It's a shame that large companies cut corners (and staff) in order to grow even bigger, just look at Apple with it's piss-poor yellow tint on new iPad screens.  I have a Mini Retina and it's abysmal, even after a dozen swaps!  I'm only keeping it as it's the best of a bad bunch.

This is why I say in my listings.... "Missing parts are rare but, I accept no responsibility for missing pieces if the box is factory sealed - please contact Lego Customer Services direct for missing pieces."  I've had 7 messages from the last 124 sets sold regarding missing parts but, Lego happily sent the pieces on.