Community Opinion on this formatted eBay Listing????

brickelements

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321353321525?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Looking for constructive criticism.

How does it appear in your browser.  It originally had javascript in it but that seems to be against ebay's policies.

There was an attached menu, but it did not work...so I commented it out.

I have big plans for my tiny operation.  Sure I want to make a little on the side but I also want to give back to those kiddos in need.

Just like Gavin last week.

I am fairly new to coding...designer first front end dev a distant second

Better ways to acheive my goals?

The general recommendation from eBay is that less is more when it comes to your description - at least as far as fancy doo-dads and formatting, and with overly wordy or repetitive descriptions.

Keep in mind that Cassini will only look at a certain amount of your information  in your description. It disregards some HTML, but not all of it, and the more you load up your page with extraneous "stuff" the more likely that the important keywords in your description won't make it to search results on and off eBay.

Repeating your store terms is unnecessary - shipping and handling, returns, etc can all be automatically set up with eBay and eBay will summarize them for you for the buyer.

The backstory on why you're selling it is nice, but mis-placed -- set up a separate page with a link for interested buyers to click through to. eBay has pages available specifically for this kind of thing, for blog type articles, etc.

As it is right now, you may lose some buyers who are savvy to scammy sellers "burying" special terms, item damage, etc. in a wordy description. You're not that guy, but experienced eBay buyers are used to that guy spending a lot of time and space in descriptions hoping buyers will overlook something, too.

There is something about the color scheme (mostly the light blue boxes) that made reading a little difficult. May be only me, but figured you would want to know :P

Also, and keep in mind I am probably one of the less creative persons in the world, for some reason the contrast between the colors of your logo (mostly bright red) and the soft blues of the listing don't flow as well.

Lastly, and as Frog mentioned, I would make the Mission and the About Us section separate tabs.

Hope it helps!

Excellent comment, got a chuckle out of it.  Working on shortening it right now...

Already removed the duplicate detail section.

Since the extra side of the mission is not up and running yet it is probably not wise to include it.

I was hoping ebay would allow the listing long enough for some extra advertising.

I don't need to sell anything....

it would benefit more if I do.

Between Brickset and Brickpicker i have been part of a few donation cycles for what the community deamed worthy kids.

It is fun, it is worth while.  I cannot give everything but I want to organize more set donations for my area in St. Louis.

Not sure ebay is the right venue to do so..but it is a start.