New and Improved Lego Build

ufema

• 2 weeks later...

The stop-motion build progress was certainly nice to watch. I think if the clicking noise either was randomly pitched so that it did not sound exactly the same every time or the same as the sound effects they use for the Lego video games when putting something together, it would be less grating on the auditory nerves. My favorite part was the end honestly. :)

• Like 1

I like it.  

Just some little critiques, hopefully constructive:

At first, the interruptions from stop-motion to real-time where you're showing something adjusting or moving was kind of blah -- but by time you were done I was actually looking forward to them as something to break up the video a little.  Watching it a second time they didn't bother me a bit, good call on those.

I think it could use a little bit brighter lighting -- some of the build footage is well lit, some of it is a bit darker -- don't want so much light that it washes out colors and eliminates all the shadows, but just a touch more light would be nice.

It's been a while since I've done photography, but if there's any way to increase the depth of field on the focus a little, that would help.  

--

Keep'm coming!

• Like 1

Another try at improving my videos.

Great work there, ufema. I believe you have it down to a science now. :thumbsup: I would definitely keep "The Unboxing" segment where you have all the bags with instruction manuals and sticker sheets laid out. Not only is it nice to see everything you are getting but it also helps whenever somebody has one of those "how many bags are in this set?" type of questions. It was a little funny (for some reason) seeing the minifigures just 'grow up' right next to the build. Haha. That fit well with the whole video; definite keeper.

Now as for the set, I did not know the wings could swing forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon brick picker community.  I've been a member for just over a year now and I visit this site several times a day.  Since then I've successfully started an ebay store as a part time job.  Thanks to my wifes support I've decided to take my video business and produce some lego builds.  I just posted my fifth one today.  I'm looking for any feedback as we approach the arrival of the legendary Sandcrawler build.

• Like 6

both videos are nicely done. 

i found the one containing the more popular set (steam roller) more interesting. 

star wars clone wars, meh.  i'm an original trilogy snob.  i almost fell asleep but the batman video woke me up.

more seriously, GREAT WORK.

when can we expect your first 1,500+ element set?  :)

note:

i LOVE the sound effects and wuld only suggest lowering the music vol.

Nice vids.  A few honest feedbacks (most of them are just nitpicks based on my personal tastes):

- Cool opening/ending sequence

- Nice dramatic music

- Stop motion build is nice, plus pausing the stop motion to put things with your hands was a nice touch

- Shots of the finished set looked dynamic

Suggestions:

- Add maybe 1 more second to the shot of unopenned bags just to let viewers see the number of bags

- Pausing the stop motion to show your hand(s) should be kept to minimum when doing similar tasks.  i.e. the moving of 4 flabs on the corners of the submarine got repetittive after the 2nd pause.  Maybe just fast forward the shots of your hands for similar tasks.