Shop@Home VH & Martian Manhunter Haul :)

thumbs up and more power to Iketart ... if i had the financial backing and space like he does i wouldve done the same if not worse ...

when a fire sale happens like this with NO limit ... go for broke because TLG wont ban you for that ... they put no limit for a reason ... they want it out and out fast!!!

most of the comments on this thread geared towards power buyers like Iketart are retarded and insane ... this LEGO business waits for no one ... first come first serve on fire sales is the law ... you snooze you loose!! thats just the way it is ...

and lastly, look what kind of a haul fellow BP member Iketart has ... now picture and imagine how many non BP members out there scored the same or even worse ... we arent the only LEGO investors out there ... so people complaining why there orders got cancelled and why others didnt, well you/we arent the only ones in this world grabbing deals like that on LEGO Shop at Home ... ive read somewhere that S&**** does a first come first served and if youre order was in line/next to fullfill, then it was ... if not, then too bad ... move on people ...

im happy with my small haul of 35 VH ...

There were people who placed hearse orders before ike. Before it was even reported to BP. Yet their orders were cancelled, while someone else's later and bigger orders got filled. People don't like how TLC handled it, not specific people orders.

• Like 1

$1000 for the lot, haha ($100 profit for you!), looks very nice.

I'm still excited to pick up my measly order of 1 set of VH up tonight. (:

Did you have yours delivered to a US address? I never saw the Canadian site drop the price of the VH. Really wanted one for a build and kept checking but no luck..lol

Guest brickcrazyhouse

So anyone willing to sell 2-3 of these for a realistic price?  Want a pair for my kids.  Anyone? 

are you looking for vh or mm

touche.

Not unlimited per say but enough to go gung ho on the right deals. If I purchased 99 hearses that will not stop me from say buying 99 of another item next month if the sale is right. If ones capital is above a certain point they are pretty much at liberty to operate to a differnt degree then someone who has a budget limit.

But I'm still not in competition with someone like that.  Not real competition.  I'm not going to make a dent in his sales, and he's really not going to affect mine.  He's not going to flood the market to price me out.  Rather, he accepts risk I don't have to take - I can monitor the prices, and wait for the right time to sell my one or two items (if I've got one or two items to sell that match his 99 items).  He's the one that has to store and offload 99 of them.  I only have to store one or two, and wait until the time is right.

Someone with a large stockpile will tend to accept a smaller profit - since they can make up for it through higher volume.

Yes, they can still make a profit - but they are also still at a clear disadvantage.

This is just one example of a weeks purchase from one investor - There are lots of similar stockpiles of most every set nowadays.

Absolutely my point, actually.  Just because he got 99 VHs, doesn't mean that I won't pick up 99 of something else.  He may not have the capital to invest in 99 of something else, while I do.

In the end, the line is so diverse, that we can find our niches and our likes and dislikes, without stepping on each other.  While many of us are jumping on Spidey Cycle, I'm not investing a penny in it.  Am I foolish?  I have no idea.  But I have no interest in it.  It doesn't match my investment goals and strategies.  You can't go into this expecting to buy everything, so I'll let him have his VHs, and be happy for him.

• Like 1

There were people who placed hearse orders before ike. Before it was even reported to BP. Yet their orders were cancelled, while someone else's later and bigger orders got filled. People don't like how TLC handled it, not specific people orders.

I also ordered the crap ton zoos / palatines before others and mine all got canceled and they got theres .. do you see my whinning about it? I got over it and will try for the next deal.

I don't think anybody should find this discouraging unless you were already invested in hearses.  I actually was talking to Ike on VH night, I could have ordered them too but I was worried about being banned.  My funds ended up going to a different lego investment that I'm sure will make money as well.  

This is also an example why I am super sketchy about investing in low popularity sets, you don't have to worry about say a GE going 75+% off. Hold out till the end on these sets and if you miss it move on to the next.  Nice work Iketart, should be a great Halloween this year, 

I don't think anybody should find this discouraging unless you were already invested in hearses.  I actually was talking to Ike on VH night, I could have ordered them too but I was worried about being banned.  My funds ended up going to a different lego investment that I'm sure will make money as well.  

This is also an example why I am super sketchy about investing in low popularity sets, you don't have to worry about say a GE going 75% off. Hold out till the end and if you miss it move on to the next.  Nice work Iketart, should be a great Halloween this year, 

Thanks man.

I totally agree sets like modulars if they stick a retiring sign on it .. sells out instantly without any discounts .. I highly doubt that any exclusive or modulars would ever be 75% discounted so they are safe bets :)

Did you have yours delivered to a US address? I never saw the Canadian site drop the price of the VH. Really wanted one for a build and kept checking but no luck..lol

LEGO Shop at Home did not discount this in Canada so I shipped it to my house in the US. it was neat looking at all of the boxes waiting for me tonight.

Ex astris, scientia.

But I'm still not in competition with someone like that.  Not real competition.  I'm not going to make a dent in his sales, and he's really not going to affect mine.  He's not going to flood the market to price me out.  Rather, he accepts risk I don't have to take - I can monitor the prices, and wait for the right time to sell my one or two items (if I've got one or two items to sell that match his 99 items).  He's the one that has to store and offload 99 of them.  I only have to store one or two, and wait until the time is right.

Absolutely my point, actually.  Just because he got 99 VHs, doesn't mean that I won't pick up 99 of something else.  He may not have the capital to invest in 99 of something else, while I do.

In the end, the line is so diverse, that we can find our niches and our likes and dislikes, without stepping on each other.  While many of us are jumping on Spidey Cycle, I'm not investing a penny in it.  Am I foolish?  I have no idea.  But I have no interest in it.  It doesn't match my investment goals and strategies.  You can't go into this expecting to buy everything, so I'll let him have his VHs, and be happy for him.

Of course it is going to affect your sales - If someone has 99 sets of something, they will accept a lower price for them. I have tried cornering the market a few times myself (mixed success), and unless you want hundreds of an item forever - you will have to undercut the market.

As far as this being isolated ("it's just the VH"), this happens with every worthwhile set (and lots of unworthy sets). He is just one investor of many, that does the same thing. I am sure there is a stockpile (many stockpiles) of most every set (just like this one), for every set.

There are no longer any "under the radar" sets. Maybe briefly there are - but it doesn't last, since everyone jumps on them as soon as it is proclaimed as such.

I am really surprised... Has the Vampyre Hearse so growing potential, that somebody is stocking 100 pieces?? I was in doubt to buy even 5-6 pieces - its small set and the car is not so perfect. Ok, there is a vampyre + zombie, but these figs are also in other sets. If I were a fan of such sets, I would pay rather more money and buy a castle or HH in future.

I disagree.  Small timers who are smart and pick the right sets can still make a nice profit, regardless of whatever Mr. Tart does.

Agree completely. If I bought 10 at $8 and he bought 100 $8 it makes no difference. We bought it at the same price and I can make the same profit or more profit on a per item basis. Wal-mart and other large retailers are able to purchase at lower prices from distributors and sell at a lower price and still make more profit. Not a good comparison.

• Like 1

I am really surprised... Has the Vampyre Hearse so growing potential, that somebody is stocking 100 pieces?? I was in doubt to buy even 5-6 pieces - its small set and the car is not so perfect. Ok, there is a vampyre + zombie, but these figs are also in other sets. If I were a fan of such sets, I would pay rather more money and buy a castle or HH in future.

It isn't a seller yet. However, you can't go wrong at $9 each. Heck, I thought my batch at $17 was an excellent buy (meaning even if I sold near retail, an acceptable profit was there) until I saw this deal.

At $9, sellers can undercut everyone.

So i believe this sale will greatly lengthen the duration for this set to appreciate past MSRP. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

Agree completely. If I bought 10 at $8 and he bought 100 $8 it makes no difference. We bought it at the same price and I can make the same profit or more profit on a per item basis. Wal-mart and other large retailers are able to purchase at lower prices from distributors and sell at a lower price and still make more profit. Not a good comparison.

How about the people who didn't get the $8 deal? As far as Walmart/Amazon, it isn't just the lower distributor prices - they can accept lower profit margins and make up for it through volume (and at the same time, push competitors out of the market).

The retail price of this set was $35. At $9, even if you sold for $30, $5 under retail, which anyone would be able to do for no problem, you're still more than doubling your money after fees. It's not so much the VH is an INSANE long term investment (who knows) but anything that can double your money right away is obviously a good buy. I am 100% positive the VH will not end up being priced LESS than $30. (For any length of time)

Of course it is going to affect your sales - If someone has 99 sets of something, they will accept a lower price for them. I have tried cornering the market a few times myself (mixed success), and unless you want hundreds of an item forever - you will have to undercut the market.

As far as this being isolated ("it's just the VH"), this happens with every worthwhile set (and lots of unworthy sets). He is just one investor of many, that does the same thing. I am sure there is a stockpile (many stockpiles) of most every set (just like this one), for every set.

There are no longer any "under the radar" sets. Maybe briefly there are - but it doesn't last, since everyone jumps on them as soon as it is proclaimed as such.

Here's why I disagree - you assume I can't sit and hold onto my open set.

Yes, if I want to sell my set today, and he's flooded the market, it will affect my sale. But I have the benefit of being able to hold until it hits a price I want. I don't have to sell when the market is flooded. I don't have capital to regain in one set. I don't have stock room to free up with one set.

I don't disagree wi yr points, but just saying that there's something else to consider.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Here's why I disagree - you assume I can't sit and hold onto my open set.

Yes, if I want to sell my set today, and he's flooded the market, it will affect my sale. But I have the benefit of being able to hold until it hits a price I want. I don't have to sell when the market is flooded. I don't have capital to regain in one set. I don't have stock room to free up with one set.

I don't disagree wi yr points, but just saying that there's something else to consider.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

I am also not saying that it is pointless to invest - just being truthful, in stating that it is a negative (with dangerous possibilities).

What if he doesn't want to flood the market? I am sure he too has price points - that is going to push the time frame to reach your price way down the road (if ever).

I am also not saying that it is pointless to invest - just being truthful, in stating that it is a negative (with dangerous possibilities).

What if he doesn't want to flood the market? I am sure he too has price points - that is going to push the time frame to reach your price way down the road (if ever).

I think it also really depends on whether or not you do this for a living.  As someone who merely does this for a hobby, it's not that big deal to me, sure I would love to have a couple but I don't need them.  I believe Ike has stated that this is his job, so he would need way more volume to support that.  Anything I would make would just go to the personal Lego collection.

I think anyone that wants to do this seriously needs to realize that there will always be someone out there with more money, space, time, etc. to devote to this.