Shop@Home VH & Martian Manhunter Haul :)

No offense or hard feelings to the original poster (iketart) but this is a joke that someone can order nearly 100 units of anything without being a store. Iketart didn't do anything wrong. Cheers to him! Lego's system in-place is the joke,

Talk about having a minor monopoly on VHs in the secondary market. Wish I didn't own 20 at $17 anymore.

Agreed. Is it possible someone at LEGO Shop at Home processing these clearance orders said I can ship 90 to one guy or 90 to 10-30 people and took the easy way out. When we placed our orders there was no limit of 5 so if they allow you to order 99 in one order then I don't see what the issue is.

That's the crazy part. Instead of trying and failing to get cute with "ohhhh, this guy bought 4 of this over a 3 month period and has shifty eyes, he's clearly a reseller!" versus "Oh, 90 in this order? no problem, clearly wants to build a fleet of hearses for his handicapped children!" I wish LEGO would do the sane thing, like, for example, Amazon does, and just put a true and non-entrapment limit per sets, with or without the "refresh" a week or whenever to allow the same person to buy more.

It's just the nuttiest system. 

• Like 2

You never know, maybe they realize he could be making a life-size hearse and needed 100 sets of the same pieces/colors. I know some of you are massive MOC builders.

I'm afraid to show my wife the 6 I ordered (actually 4 are backordered or in iketart87's pile). If she came home to a wall of sets like that, I would need a hearse, preferably made of LEGO.

• Like 2

No offense or hard feelings to the original poster (iketart) but this is a joke that someone can order nearly 100 units of anything without being a store. Iketart didn't do anything wrong. Cheers to him! Lego's system in-place is the joke,

Talk about having a minor monopoly on VHs in the secondary market. Wish I didn't own 20 at $17 anymore.

I did this to prove a point .. I even posted about it 2 weeks ago ... lego ban hammer is so random makes no sense ... anyways if I get ban from lego .. meh w/e ( I spend less than 5% of my total lego purchases from lego directly yearly). And go broke? No lol this is how many lego sets I ordered on a weekly basis :P . Not going broke .. if lego bans me there always another guy like me who will buy 100 of X items 

On a sidenote .. I did order 24 gorilla strikers and about 75 worriz tanks from target ( not to mention the 40-50 shellraisers I cleared out from all the target clearances for like $20 bucks each)  .. lol I guess target is gunna ban me next -_-

Now that lego.com  MM are out of stock .. no reason to shop there anymore good riddance :P

On a sidenote .. I did order 24 gorilla strikers and about 75 worriz tanks from target ( not to mention the 40-50 shellraisers I cleared out from all the target clearances for like $20 bucks each) .. lol I guess target is gunna ban me next -_-

Now that lego.com MM are out of stock .. no reason to shop there anymore good riddance :P

now imagine what your stores lego supply would look like if you lived in the same state as Ike. I do and it's brutal lol.

• Like 1

Reading all this is bound to make many small timers give up. People can say competition doesn't make a difference, but you simply can't compete with those numbers.

It is much like a small business competing with Amazon & Walmart.

I completely agree, Im not trying to scare people away .. I just have the finacial backing to invest on a larger scale than most. Im sure there are people on here who look at my stash and think its tiny compared to theirs lol

I started more as "1 for me, 1 to sell" thinking if I broke even, I get my own set free. I'm now more at 1 for me, 3 to sell. I might be happy there.

I think 100+ to sell would be a dream for many, but that could turn into a full-time job, a lot of investment and a buttload of storage space. :P

Baby steps...

Reading all this is bound to make many small timers give up. People can say competition doesn't make a difference, but you simply can't compete with those numbers.

At the same time, that investment is now in VHs, and not in something that I might be investing in.

I never targeted VHs for investment.  And sure, I'd love to be able to have those to sell.  But is he competing against me any more than any of us already are?  Not really.  I don't have VHs to sell.  And for the moment, his capital is tied up in that, while mine is free to buy other stuff.

I disagree.  Small timers who are smart and pick the right sets can still make a nice profit, regardless of whatever Mr. Tart does.  

• Like 1

He ordered this month close to what I ordered over the life of my VIP account before I got the ban email.

It really is a joke.

Maybe Ed is right though and they saw their numbers were down so they aren't banning anymore.

At the same time, that investment is now in VHs, and not in something that I might be investing in.

I never targeted VHs for investment. And sure, I'd love to be able to have those to sell. But is he competing against me any more than any of us already are? Not really. I don't have VHs to sell. And for the moment, his capital is tied up in that, while mine is free to buy other stuff.

this assumes people have a limit on capital. Some of us have really no limit.

If one has unlimited capital, he should not be dealing in Lego. He should buy politicians and whatever else 0.01 percenters do...

touche.

Not unlimited per say but enough to go gung ho on the right deals. If I purchased 99 hearses that will not stop me from say buying 99 of another item next month if the sale is right. If ones capital is above a certain point they are pretty much at liberty to operate to a differnt degree then someone who has a budget limit.

that is a crazy score! and to get the bonus MMs just makes it one of the best 'scoops' so far in 2014.

imo, I don't think this will make small time sellers give up at all... most small timers in general do this as a hobby and to offset collection costs. not a big deal if you paid x amount more or have less margin because inventory is probably small. the resellers that have 50,100 or more would feel the impact (if any) because they have more to sell and compete prices with.

thumbs up and more power to Iketart ... if i had the financial backing and space like he does i wouldve done the same if not worse ...

when a fire sale happens like this with NO limit ... go for broke because TLG wont ban you for that ... they put no limit for a reason ... they want it out and out fast!!!

most of the comments on this thread geared towards power buyers like Iketart are retarded and insane ... this LEGO business waits for no one ... first come first serve on fire sales is the law ... you snooze you loose!! thats just the way it is ...

and lastly, look what kind of a haul fellow BP member Iketart has ... now picture and imagine how many non BP members out there scored the same or even worse ... we arent the only LEGO investors out there ... so people complaining why there orders got cancelled and why others didnt, well you/we arent the only ones in this world grabbing deals like that on LEGO Shop at Home ... ive read somewhere that S&**** does a first come first served and if youre order was in line/next to fullfill, then it was ... if not, then too bad ... move on people ...

im happy with my small haul of 35 VH ...

that is a crazy score! and to get the bonus MMs just makes it one of the best 'scoops' so far in 2014.

imo, I don't think this will make small time sellers give up at all... most small timers in general do this as a hobby and to offset collection costs. not a big deal if you paid x amount more or have less margin because inventory is probably small. the resellers that have 50,100 or more would feel the impact (if any) because they have more to sell and compete prices with. 

Someone with a large stockpile will tend to accept a smaller profit - since they can make up for it through higher volume.

I disagree.  Small timers who are smart and pick the right sets can still make a nice profit, regardless of whatever Mr. Tart does.  

Yes, they can still make a profit - but they are also still at a clear disadvantage.

I never targeted VHs for investment.  And sure, I'd love to be able to have those to sell.  But is he competing against me any more than any of us already are?  Not really.  I don't have VHs to sell.  And for the moment, his capital is tied up in that, while mine is free to buy other stuff.

This is just one example of a weeks purchase from one investor - There are lots of similar stockpiles of most every set nowadays.