TheOrcKing

Ay, caramba!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a fan of The Simpsons?

• Huge fan!
    • They are okay.
    • Don't care for the show.
    • Wish it would just go away.
  2. 2. What did you think about the "Brick Like Me" episode?

• Great!
    • Fine but could have been better.
    • Bored out of my mind.
    • I only liked the Lego world.

I found it kinda jarring when they hit on some of the more adult themes in brick form (i.e. The bedroom scene, Moe's tavern and the "Busty" LEGO model).  I mean I would expect that from The Simpsons but from TLG?  Big stride there.

Same here when I think about it. The show's staff did go on about how lucky they were with the amount of leverage Lego allowed them with a few of the jokes and ideas. I'm sure seeing a brick built tavern or church will cause a few waves for some people.

Just watched the episode.  It was great, loved the jokes and the story was pretty cool.  I found it kinda jarring when they hit on some of the more adult themes in brick form (i.e. The bedroom scene, Moe's tavern and the "Busty" LEGO model).  I mean I would expect that from The Simpsons but from TLG?  Big stride there.

For those who didn't catch it, there are ways of seeing it on the internet if you are knowledgeable, that's how I got it :P

I agree. The bedroom scene was was definitely pushing boundaries but it was funny. Let's be honest though,the Simpsons is not a show for kids. It's for adults so TLG gave them some leeway. 

• 1 month later...

In case you missed this Legotastic episode, here is an uploaded video on Youtube. Some reason a few of the voices particularly Homer sounds 'off' and perhaps a little bit sped up. Well, it was either this or one of the other uploads that cut almost half the screen off one way or another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMeB0XIHe3I