BRICK FRIDAY DEALS ON LEGO S@H AVAILABLE TO VIP MEMBERS ON NOVEMBER 17TH!!

Ed Mack

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I thought this was a good deal. I bought some Haunted Houses. You get 10% off which brings the price down to $162, you then get 161 VIP points (when price is 161.99 they round down!) so that is worth $8 bringing your cost down to $154. You then get the 2012 Holiday Set for free and free shipping. I will be selling most of the Holiday Sets. The only Holiday Set sale I could see on ebay was $22, don't know if that will go up or down, but I figure $20 right now so that makes the price $134 for a Haunted House. Best deal I've seen so far for a Haunted House, by far! While I was ordering the shipping date for the Haunted House went from December 4th to 30 days. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one ordering it! With a Deathstar it is $399 - 40 = 359 which is worth 359 VIP Points or $18. $359 - 18 = $341. Then sell the Holiday Set for $20 so $321 for a Deathstar, good price!

Yeah so everyone outside us/uk can't take advantage of this. Bit unfair yet this a thanksgiving deal right? I then guess it would make sense to only make it available to countries who celebrate. I just wish lego would put some deals on LEGO Shop at Home, it's been ages since i've seen anything worthwhile on there

Yeah so everyone outside us/uk can't take advantage of this. Bit unfair yet this a thanksgiving deal right? I then guess it would make sense to only make it available to countries who celebrate.

I just wish lego would put some deals on LEGO Shop at Home, it's been ages since i've seen anything worthwhile on there

i agree. it is unfair. even if its supposively for their thanksgiving. doesn't mean other countries shouldn't take part. and yes there's hardly any good deals on LEGO Shop at Home for overseas customers for a long time. hopefully they will eventually take more notice customers outside of us/uk

i agree. it is unfair. even if its supposively for their thanksgiving. doesn't mean other countries shouldn't take part. and yes there's hardly any good deals on s@h for overseas customers for a long time. hopefully they will eventually take more notice customers outside of us/uk

"great" deals on S@H here in the states are few and far between so y'all overseas aren't missing much anyway.........

10219 now says "Call for availability". Maybe the end?

I think we will need to wait a few days to see if they restock before saying that. There could just be a lot of people buying stuff from the site for today and they did run low on availability. If it still says that in a week or so, then maybe.

By the way what is the in store pick a brick box? I mean I know what pick a brick is, but is Lego also giving away a free pick a brick box too on black Friday? And if so do I get to chose what color bricks I get? The reason I ask is because I need more white bricks as I'm currently working on a sweet holiday/christmas MOC and more white bricks = more snow

You get a small box with a $75 purchase. I'm not sure how long they are running the offer, but I picked one up last week when I bought some ornaments for my Lego tree. It's about 4" square if I remember right. You can go back starting 12/26 and fill it with anything from the wall.

stackables, this is better than 10% off, but there is a little risk in the resale price of the Holiday Set (last ebay price $22) On the Haunted House 10% off gets you to 161.99, you also get 161 VIP points which is worth $8 so now you are at $154. Then you sell the 2012 Holiday Set for say, $20 (The cheapest ebay listing right now is $29 and last sale is $22) which brings you down to $134. That is 25% off! With a Death Star it is $399 - 40 = 359 which is worth 359 VIP Points or $18. $359 - 18 = $341. Then sell the Holiday Set for $20 so $321 for a Death Star, good price! But with the Death Star being a higher price it is only a 20% discount, but still a good price for a Death Star. The closer your checkout price is to 150 the better your discount. If your cart is $150, then your price will be $135 with 135 VIP points worth $6 so now your price is $129 minus $20 for the Holiday Set and you are at $109 for a discount of just over 27%. There is the risk that the 2012 Holiday Set will drop in price, but I don't think it will drop by much, with a sleigh and 4 minifigures (one a child) it will have value and could get even more expensive. It is a pretty good bet it will be gone after Christmas and the 2013 Holiday Set will be different.

Here is my purchase from today and it is guaranteed to make me a profit(Well, at least 99.9% guaranteed). These "Holiday" sets and polybags have shown to appreciate very, very well. If you don't believe me, look at the theme CAGR chart.

ORDER SUMMARY

Item Name Ship Date Status Qty. Price Order Total

3300014 2012 LEGO

You get a small box with a $75 purchase. I'm not sure how long they are running the offer, but I picked one up last week when I bought some ornaments for my Lego tree. It's about 4" square if I remember right. You can go back starting 12/26 and fill it with anything from the wall.

I see, thanks!!

stackables,

this is better than 10% off, but there is a little risk in the resale price of the Holiday Set (last ebay price $22)

On the Haunted House 10% off gets you to 161.99, you also get 161 VIP points which is worth $8 so now you are at $154. Then you sell the 2012 Holiday Set for say, $20 (The cheapest ebay listing right now is $29 and last sale is $22) which brings you down to $134. That is 25% off!

With a Death Star it is $399 - 40 = 359 which is worth 359 VIP Points or $18. $359 - 18 = $341. Then sell the Holiday Set for $20 so $321 for a Death Star, good price! But with the Death Star being a higher price it is only a 20% discount, but still a good price for a Death Star.

The closer your checkout price is to 150 the better your discount. If your cart is $150, then your price will be $135 with 135 VIP points worth $6 so now your price is $129 minus $20 for the Holiday Set and you are at $109 for a discount of just over 27%.

There is the risk that the 2012 Holiday Set will drop in price, but I don't think it will drop by much, with a sleigh and 4 minifigures (one a child) it will have value and could get even more expensive. It is a pretty good bet it will be gone after Christmas and the 2013 Holiday Set will be different.

That is a good breakdown but remember tax and ebay fees will take a chunk out of bottom line.

stackables, The ebay fees are there for anything unless it is sold on Craig's List, I tried to be a little conservative on the sale price because of that, but I am hopeful it will be higher than my estimate. And, because I no longer live in California I paid no sales tax to Lego LEGO Shop at Home and no shipping fees! It is just like buying from Amazon for me! I went a little crazy for me, I will have nine 2012 Holiday Sets to sell!

I went ahead and picked up 5 (individually ordered) 10214's (Tower Bridge) today. I used my balance of $930 VIP dollars and only paid $162.XX for the 5 sets. I plan on holding these for a while and making a solid return!

If my math is correct, that mean you spent over $18,000 on LEGO S @ ****. What else did you buy?

If my math is correct, that mean you spent over $18,000 on LEGO S @ ****. What else did you buy?

Your math is correct, $930 worth of VIP points = $18,600 of Lego purchases, or $9,300 os they were purcahses during Oct. when double VIP was available. Either way thats a lot of Lego, speedpro I think we are all pretty jealous right now!

Your math is correct, $930 worth of VIP points = $18,600 of Lego purchases, or $9,300 os they were purcahses during Oct. when double VIP was available. Either way thats a lot of Lego, speedpro I think we are all pretty jealous right now!

Oh, I forgot about double VIP points. Still, it's a lot of money.