BRICKPICKER MEMBER SITE IDEA AND IMPROVEMENT THREAD...

Ed Mack

My strengths are basically back end database modelling, design, ETL (Extract Transform Load) data, sql performance turning, anything that has to do with analyzing sets of data for analytics/reporting.

I don't know if you guys have any plans for putting in place more reports (e.g. maybe drill up/down on time scales for investments so members can see data beyond the rolling 12 month snapshot or bringing in my data sources/building cleaning algorithms to get a more precise market price.) but that's the type of thing I design on a normal day to day basis. Anyways, let me know if I can be of any help to that degree. :)

I may eventually talk you to about some of what you mentioned. I am pretty good at a lot of things, but my goal was once I am happy where certain things are, I want to bring in some good DBA/Data people to help fine tune, squeeze performance, rewrite queries, etc.

As far as the data we show here, there is still more that can be shown. Ed and I have been developing our own internal roadmap for where the site is going to go over the next 12 months. There is a lot, seriously there is. When I look at where we were a year ago, to where we are today and what our plans are during this year, its quite amazing the size of what this has become and what it will be. Like Ed eluded to a few posts back, there is one major feature that is coming in the next few weeks and that will be the focus for a bit until things are square away. Its also why I haven't been spending as much time surfing for Amazon/eBay/etc deals like I usually do. We have been putting in quite a few late nights recently but it will be worth it.

Overall we are taking it one day at a time and watching/listening to what we think may be thing type of product users are looking for. Hopefully it all comes together.

I may eventually talk you to about some of what you mentioned. I am pretty good at a lot of things, but my goal was once I am happy where certain things are, I want to bring in some good DBA/Data people to help fine tune, squeeze performance, rewrite queries, etc.

As far as the data we show here, there is still more that can be shown. Ed and I have been developing our own internal roadmap for where the site is going to go over the next 12 months. There is a lot, seriously there is. When I look at where we were a year ago, to where we are today and what our plans are during this year, its quite amazing the size of what this has become and what it will be. Like Ed eluded to a few posts back, there is one major feature that is coming in the next few weeks and that will be the focus for a bit until things are square away. Its also why I haven't been spending as much time surfing for Amazon/eBay/etc deals like I usually do. We have been putting in quite a few late nights recently but it will be worth it.

Overall we are taking it one day at a time and watching/listening to what we think may be thing type of product users are looking for. Hopefully it all comes together.

You guys are going to make my head explode with all that technical mumbo jumbo...

On a serious note...Jeff and I have had many discussions about the plethora(...like that word? LOL) of options and information we can add to the site. This major new feature we are adding has been taking priority over everything else, but we appreciate members giving us new ideas on how to improve data and statistics. We already have a long list of things to add like sorting systems for the Brickfolio and weighted ratings of sets and themes. I wish I paid attention in college, or I could help Jeff more.