What would you do? Slightly damaged box - exchange or ??

Alpinemaps

Received a Rancor Pit from Amazon yesterday.  There's slight damage to the box - a nice crease on the top, and some denting on the front.

If this was for a personal build, I wouldn't care.  But I bought this to pair with a Jabba's Palace that I have.

Wondering if I should ask Amazon to dispatch an exchange?  Should I just hold on to it and not worry about it?  Or should I contact Amazon CS and see what their suggestion is?

What would you do?

I personally wouldn't worry about it. There have been a lot of threads and a blog or two explaining how it doesn't make a real difference.

However, I think there should be an asterisk to that:

If selling on Ebay, it does make a difference if you don't sell it the right way. When I sell one like this, I put pictures of it out there, am honest about it, and always list BIN. I get the same price either way.

However, if you sell it auction, or just list it with a small picture and say "slightly damaged", its not gonna sell as well - and you may get unhappy customers.

You could inquire Amazon about a partial refund, but most of the time I stack it and move on - not worth the time.

Received a Rancor Pit from Amazon yesterday.  There's slight damage to the box - a nice crease on the top, and some denting on the front.

If this was for a personal build, I wouldn't care.  But I bought this to pair with a Jabba's Palace that I have.

Wondering if I should ask Amazon to dispatch an exchange?  Should I just hold on to it and not worry about it?  Or should I contact Amazon CS and see what their suggestion is?

What would you do?

If the set is for a personal build, I would not worry about it.

What would you do?

see if they will give you 10%-20% savings to keep it.  take a picture before hand in case you are asked.  live with the crease as long as it's not a hole.

The key factor is that the seals are intact. I received a bunch of Oliva`s Treehouses recently, all 15 were damaged in some way. Was able to swap out 3 through local stores/returns, but it`s not really a big deal. Bottom line, I didn`t go out of my way to exchange, you shouldn`t either. You get some investors on here that pass up good deals just because the box is damaged a bit. If it isn`t severe, don`t worry about it. Sure it`s frustrating, I`m p*ed about my boxes, but it doesn`t make them worthless. Even for some sets, if the box is destroyed but still sealed, it`s still worth close to one that is in great shape. Remember you can always sell as a "New but opened set" though you will, in that case, most likely take a small hit due to it not being sealed. Most important thing is those seals. If they are intact, box damage is usually negligible, and you are almost always in business. Save yourself the gas money/inconvenience and take a deep breath with that peace of mind  :thumbsup:

How about an Ewok Village that was shipped by AMZ in a mail pouch that had box dent/damage? Complain? Deal with it? Give to my son? It was a nice price at $215.

If a $250 item was shipped without protection, for the love of Pete, complain about that shiz.  It's inexcusable to ship something that way.

Not too long ago, amazon.com shipped me an Arkham Asylum in just a bag.  I couldn't believe it.

How about an Ewok Village that was shipped by AMZ in a mail pouch that had box dent/damage? Complain? Deal with it? Give to my son? It was a nice price at $215.

Try for a discount first. 

I guess depending on what you bought it for in the first place (investment, personal), would help make my decision. 

Great deal by the way

Yeah, honestly I truly couldn't believe they would ship it that way. At this juncture, I feel cheated since other items have always arrived with some care given prior to shipment. I guess I wish I had known that TRU handles AMZ's shipping now! With regards to what I was/am doing with this set, I can't say with certainty. I truly love finding deals, and liked the price along with liking the set. My only other one was purchased via Shop at home and is in perect condtion, so maybe son gets this one, since i have a spare.....but only after I try for a discount ;)