30161 - Batmobile

TheOrcKing

Found a news post on The Brick Fan with a review for the "Batmobile" polybag that is currently available at Taget. Originally a freebie with the UK's "Sun Newspaper", now can be found in the stocking stuffer (I'm guessing seasonal) section of Target for $3.99 (about 8 cents per piece).

Considering how Target was supposed to get the "Ghost & Grandfather Clock" polybag ages ago but never did (either that or they hid it like a freakin' easter egg), I'm a little suspicious about this one. Still, if you do manage to find it, it does have some nice pieces & a good design. Looks like a LEGOized Hot Wheels car!

(I haven't seen those tires since the "Tiny Turbos" sets.)

LEGO DC Super Heroes Batmobile review - The Brick Fan

A couple of the local stores had the ghost, but it took forever to find it. I saw the Batmobile on my last trip out with the rest of the Christmas stuff (back wall in my store). I can't say that I'm impressed... it looks like a Hot Wheels. If I wanted that, I'd buy one.

I'm going to have to go looking for this. Never did find that darn Ghost set around here. Maybe I'll have better luck this time.

Me, too. It would help if stores like Target just kept all the LEGO together instead of sticking them in wierd nonsensical spots. That was the only reason why it took me until Series 4 of the MINIFIGURES line before I actually even found some of those 'mystery bags' in the first place. They kept putting those in random spots!

(Before I was lucky to find an empty retailers box, whoopee.)

Now I HAVE to do the Bricklink thing to get those earlier ones, dang it. I'll probably have to do the same for the Ghost polybag if I want it that badly, but at that point I would be better off to simply buy "The Ghost Train" and get three of those newly redesigned ghosts.

I don't know, some marketing make sense but, come on. How can we buy something, if we can't even find it!

I should not have to ask a staff member to find one friggin' toy!!!!

It's just ridiculous and insulting, we're adults for crying out loud.

I get why the FRIENDS line is with all the other girl toys, but hiding the seasonal items under some rock behind an imaginary wall in an unknown corner of the store is balooney. Considering these are polybags, I don't see why they don't just have them up at the cash register atleast. That's where all the polybags at my Target are. Who knows, maybe at one of those 24 or so checkout lanes the Ghost polybag is hiding in plain sight....whatever.

Still, If I can get atleast two or four of this Batmobile polybag, I'll be good. Nice parts.

Found one earlier tonight, the Batmobile that is. And I checked the polybags at the checkouts at multiple Targets here by me and the Ghost was not there. I have no idea where it was if they had it. I did find a regular old polybagged Friends set in the clearance Halloween stuff after Halloween but no Ghost. I couldn't figure that one out. Agreed it should not be like trying to find a needle in a haystack for this seasonal polybags. Very annoying that it is.

We should get a polybag trading group. Seems like certain polys are hit or miss depending on your location.

Now that's a good idea. And yes, polybag's are a wierd game of 'hit & miss'. I can't remember the last time my nearby Walmart had one. Seriously, there aren't any!

For me, Target is the only place I can actually get the polybags or any of the MINIFIGURES mystery bags (now Walmart carries those, took em long enough!), which is fine since Target seems to get most of the 'exclusives' anyway. I would rather deal with a Target exclusive than a Toys R Us exclusive.

It's kinda funny now that I think about it, all those polybags at each of the checkout lanes seem to just sit there, like, forever! Sheesh, I'm still finding a bunch from 2010, even a couple from 2008!

Wierd....

Well, this is getting friggin' annoying. I literally went a couple of days ago and, just like that elusive "Ghost" polybag, I could not for the life of me find so much as one of these "Batmobile" polybags either. Good grief, where the heck ARE they hiding these things?! Even tried asking someone about it, they had no idea what I was talking about. "No, I am not asking about the SUPER HEROES sets, I am asking about the little "Batmobile" polybag exclusive to Target." I said something to that effect. I could have thrown a baseball through the guy's head and not hit a thing, I swear! Sheesh....

I could never find them before either, but thanks to the members of this site I found them. They are in the seasonal section in the back of the store mixed in with a lot of other....stuff. I wish they would just put these in the LEGO section

I actually prefer that they put these seasonal sets in the holiday section, and here is why. After the holidays they discount all these sets, and if they were in the regular LEGO section, they would probably be sold out before the holidays. The last few years I have ended up buying 100's of polybag sets at 50% off. I have gotten archers, trolls, ninjas, and this year ghosts. So I say, why not take advantage of how Target markets the sets? It has proven to be profitable to me. The day after Halloween and Christmas are my favorite shopping days. :)

Well, I finally managed to find the elusive 'stocking stuffer' section of Target, but no "Batmobile" polybag.

(Big surprise.) There wasn't even a spot for it. Ugh, I think my Target is just one of those on the list of 'never getting it' for certain items like the "Ghost" or "Batmobile" polybag (even though they are Target Exclusives!).

Oh well....life goes on.