Cafe Corner 10182 how to sell?

eyebrow40

Guest davewager78

IMHO your price might be a little high. Are you going for a fixed price or a high starting price for auction?

If i was buying it, i would prefer to have the box, with it's known imperfections, and visual verification that all the parts are present and in sealed bags.

I think if you adhere to ebay descriptions of "new" & "used", you will need to sell this as "used", since it's not in brand new, off-the-shelf condition, even though the bags have never been opened.

I would let the buyer decide whether they want the Lego box at an increased postage cost.

I did that with my recent bricklink sake consisting of 5 sets(2 used). to a buyer in France. He decided to have me fold the 10198 box inside the shipping box and forego the 10144 box.

Personally, I don't see a problem listing the set as "new" as long as all baggies are sealed, included, and you have pictures of the bags and manuals spread out to see everything in 1 picture. Also put "open box with new sealed bags" in the title. I see sets like this listed as "new" all the time on eBay and bricklink.

All that is keeping this set from being sealed are pieces if tape. The bricks / elements are new (never used).

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies. Probably i sell it as buy it now with starting 999 euro? 

Maybe it's too high, if i can sell it for 849 - 949 euro, i would be happy too. 

Any price suggestions from other members for this item? 

I think i put all of my pictures in my auction. Are the ones with the seals on the box necessary? 

Guest davewager78

Maybe use the "Best offer" facility on ebay. At least you could then list "buy it now" for you chosen amount, then see if anyone makes a lower offer that you are willing to accept

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd personally sell it as unboxed in the heading to eliminate any box condition complaints but include it in the description. I'd also put it on as an auction with a 1p (1c) no reserve start to draw in lots of watchers and a guaranteed sale with the hope of a bidding war near the end. A high starting price just puts buyers off and the set will still sell for market price at the end.

If you are planning on using Buy It Now then why not try Bricklink first?  If you have an account on Bricklink then I would suggest selling it there as you will save significantly on fees.

That's true. I don't have a bricklink account right now. But i should think about an account. 

That's true. I don't have a bricklink account right now. But i should think about an account. 

That's too bad you don't already have an established account.  If you open a store right now without any prior selling experience on Bricklink, and just list the Caf

Not necessarily. With a good feedback record and realistic pricing sets can sell within hours of listing them. Sometimes they sell even before I can send out wanted list notifications! That said less popular sets do take awhile to sell, but I think you will find that anywhere you go.

Compared to eBay and Amazon, Bricklink takes longer. I sell on all 3. It all comes down to web site traffic.

I do agree about what you said about bricklink feedback. However, it won't scare away too many buyers as paypal protects buyers.

Compared to eBay and Amazon, Bricklink takes longer. I sell on all 3. It all comes down to web site traffic.

I too have an account on all three plus Brickowl, but that still doesn't negate my point.  In my experience regardless of which website is used the main driver of sales is inventory size.  The larger your inventory stock the more likely you will attract buyers.

I agree if we are talking about a random set pulled out of a hat than yes eBay would probably be your best sales venue.  The set under discussion though is a high desirable one, which is why I said not to be so quick to discount Bricklink as a sales venue.

I do agree about what you said about bricklink feedback. However, it won't scare away too many buyers as paypal protects buyers.

The OP is located in Austria, so they may want to be paid by bank transfer since that is an easily available and inexpensive option for Europeans.  Secondly knowingly going into risky ill-advised purchases simply because "Paypal will cover me" IMHO is a tad distasteful.  You may not be paying for it, but you sure know Paypal won't be covering the associated costs either.  Next time anyone asks why Paypal fees are so high we can point them back to this thread.

That's indeed a problem. I am member on ebay since 2002 and established my account there. That was a time when ebay fees were very low. 

I sold lego items there for the last 11 years but never came to a point where i tried to think about a bricklink account although i knew that bricklink is a good possibility to sell. So how would you try to establish a bricklink account? Only offering cafe corner there wouldn't make sense. My other new sets (which are for investment purposes aren't ready to sell) because most of them aren't EOL for long enough. My used lego stuff which i own is coming to an end, i am selling my last sets and parts during the next weeks on ebay. 

Do you have any used sets that you would like to sell that are missing pieces?  If you do you could buy the missing piece(s) and that way get some feedback, and then sell those sets to start with since they would be seen as relativity benign.  The problem of course that will all takes time.  Good luck either way!

I too have an account on all three plus Brickowl, but that still doesn't negate my point.  In my experience regardless of which website is used the main driver of sales is inventory size.  The larger your inventory stock the more likely you will attract buyers.

I respectfully disagree. Website traffic is the key regardless of inventory size. The key to marketing items for sale are the 4 Ps: product, price, promotion, and place. Selling Lego (or anything second-hand), we (sellers) control product and price. Where we sell (web sites) determines promotion and place. Please don't even try to defend your incorrect point because the more traffic, the more sales (especially if you are priced competitively).

I agree if we are talking about a random set pulled out of a hat than yes eBay would probably be your best sales venue.  The set under discussion though is a high desirable one, which is why I said not to be so quick to discount Bricklink as a sales venue.

Doesn't matter about set popularity. Any set price competitively will sell faster on eBay and Amazon the vast majority of the time due to website traffic. Btw, I do 80% of my selling on bricklink.

The OP is located in Austria, so they may want to be paid by bank transfer since that is an easily available and inexpensive option for Europeans.  Secondly knowingly going into risky ill-advised purchases simply because "Paypal will cover me" IMHO is a tad distasteful.  You may not be paying for it, but you sure know Paypal won't be covering the associated costs either.  Next time anyone asks why Paypal fees are so high we can point them back to this thread.

Bank transfers also offer ZERO protection to buyers. PayPal is the nevxt best thing to credit cards for protection..

Yeah website traffic is BY FAR the biggest part of the equation. Inventory helps some, but it really doesn't matter on Ebay. So many people shop on there, and Amazon, that your stuff will sell way faster. Even competitively priced on Bricklink, EBay sells faster. You can tell because Bricklink is almost always cheaper.

Fact remains, no matter what you do, the more people that see your item, the better chance someone is gonna click that button to buy it. Plus Ebay is the only place you can really make yours unique.

• Like 2

I respectfully disagree. Website traffic is the key regardless of inventory size. The key to marketing items for sale are the 4 Ps: product, price, promotion, and place. Selling Lego (or anything second-hand), we (sellers) control product and price. Where we sell (web sites) determines promotion and place. Please don't even try to defend your incorrect point because the more traffic, the more sales (especially if you are priced competitively).

You missed my point completely.  Website traffic is a fixed variable, which as an individual seller you have no control over.  What you do have control over is your inventory, and what you do with it will have a direct affect on your sales.  Why do you think eBay gets more traffic in the first place?  They do because there is a wider variety of stuff being sold.

Doesn't matter about set popularity. Any set price competitively will sell faster on eBay and Amazon the vast majority of the time due to website traffic. Btw, I do 80% of my selling on bricklink.

You obviously have a strategy that works for you, and that's great.  Though your statement that 80% of your sales are on Bricklink is incongruous with your main thesis that website traffic is the determining factor in sales numbers.

Bank transfers also offer ZERO protection to buyers. PayPal is the nevxt best thing to credit cards for protection..

I never said bank transfers would provide buyer protection.  I was just pointing out that bank transfers are the most common payment method in central Europe and therefore a good feedback record would be of importance.

Even competitively priced on Bricklink, EBay sells faster. You can tell because Bricklink is almost always cheaper.

The problem with generalizing is that you miss the fine points.   The platform you choose really depends on what you are selling and how much you have.  Also, Amazon tends to have the highest prices does that then mean things sell even fastest there?  Or maybe Bricklink prices are lower simply because there is less overhead, but then what do I know?

You are putting the chicken before the egg. 

Ebay has the most inventory because it is the quickest way to sell. Amazon has more traffic probably but Ebay allows you to customize your listing, etc. Personal inventory really doesn't matter. The site as a whole has more inventory, but thats because its the most well known for selling. Average people don't think about selling on Amazon and especially not on Bricklink.

Amazon does sell the fastest - if you have the lowest price and are FBA. I wasn't saying that is everything that goes into it - Amazons fees are double everyone elses so it would have to have an effect, but as someone who sells quite a bit, inventory just isn't that big a deal on Ebay.

If you are trying to sell something that is unique and sell it fast, Ebay is definitely the best way to go. Because of site traffic.