Good time for Craiglists right now?

Alpinemaps

The last few days, I've been noticing some better deals on CL popping up.  I'm thinking it's a bit of the post-Christmas, "I need some cash" blues.  Someone locally has the Sydney Opera House at $250 NIB and someone else has the Haunted House for $100 NIB.  There are a couple of other deals out there, too.

Anyone else noticing this?

There aren't many collectors near me, all I've seen is the same two guys selling the same overpriced Star Wars sets that they've been trying to sell for the last year. Seriously they're about 15% over eBay. About once every 2 months I'll toss a decent offer at them and alway get a "these sets are highly collectable" type response.

The last few days, I've been noticing some better deals on CL popping up.  I'm thinking it's a bit of the post-Christmas, "I need some cash" blues.  Someone locally has the Sydney Opera House at $250 NIB and someone else has the Haunted House for $100 NIB.  There are a couple of other deals out there, too.

Anyone else noticing this?

I have not noticed this.  All we have on Craigslist is Beanie Babies and mason jars.

I have never used Craigslist for my Lego addic...er...hobby.  Haha.  Those of you who do, do you have lots of horror stories to go along with your success stories?  In the past, I have had such mixed results with Craigslist as a whole that I just can't bring myself to go there for Legos.  I feel like the potential for hassle and baloney wouldn't be worth the deals that I may or may not find.

I have never used Craigslist for my Lego addic...er...hobby.  Haha.  Those of you who do, do you have lots of horror stories to go along with your success stories?  In the past, I have had such mixed results with Craigslist as a whole that I just can't bring myself to go there for Legos.  I feel like the potential for hassle and baloney wouldn't be worth the deals that I may or may not find.

I've personally been pretty fortunate with Lego on Craigslist.  I do get nervous buying sealed boxes since you never know if they're resealed any.  That being said, I have bought a few MISB and haven't opened them to verify contents (just checked seals).  I've had way more luck buying used Lego.  I usually find 2-3 large (as in 20+ pounds) collections per year, and numerous smaller collections as well.  It's a great and cheap way to supplement my kid's and my collection.  It also allows me to play with used Lego while keeping my sealed collection separate :)

• 2 weeks later...

There are far more "paying cash for legos" than sellers and it's getting worse.  Legit sales are gone in 5 minutes or less, I try to inquire about them and the person doesn't even see my text or email because they got bombarded.  I'm hoping this cools off a little in the future, I used to get some nice deals.

There are far more "paying cash for legos" than sellers and it's getting worse.  Legit sales are gone in 5 minutes or less, I try to inquire about them and the person doesn't even see my text or email because they got bombarded.  I'm hoping this cools off a little in the future, I used to get some nice deals.

I've stopped hunting for Lego on CL for this exact reason...way too much work for far too little return.

• Like 2

Deals go quickly so you just have to be on the lookout (kind of like Amazon WH deals).  My general rule is not to travel more than 20 minutes one way to pick up something (unless I'm already heading that way).  Keeps the gas/time factor to a minimum.  I just bought 3 base plates (2 were vintage space ones - 1 moon crater, 1 landing pad) for $3.50 last night.  So even small deals for me are worth grabbing if it's close.

Chicago CL only has stuff that is the same price as ebay or more.  There is a Death Star for $250, with no mini figs.....

Yeah, that one has been up for 4-5 months at least. I think the seller has reduced the price once already.

Chicago CL has been great to me, but it does seem like the prices are much worse than even six months ago.