Package is returning to me because no one was available to sign the package

kenchu2000

So I sold an Crawler 41999 on ebay to a domestic buyer using FedEx Home Delivery.  Now it looks like the package is going to be returned to me because no one was available to sign the package or pickup.

How to deal with situation like this?  I listed it with free shipping, do I need to give full refund?

Contact the buyer - you can give them the option of reshipping and you will send them a PayPal invoice for the second shipping charge, or you can give them a refund less the amount it cost you to ship originally, or you can issue them a full refund of what they originally paid, including the embedded shipping.

Be aware that they can leave you a neutral or a negative if they don't like having the original shipping fee deducted.

Contact the buyer - you can give them the option of reshipping and you will send them a PayPal invoice for the second shipping charge, or you can give them a refund less the amount it cost you to ship originally, or you can issue them a full refund of what they originally paid, including the embedded shipping.

Be aware that they can leave you a neutral or a negative if they don't like having the original shipping fee deducted.

Even after FedEx attempts to deliver 3 times?

Even after FedEx attempts to deliver 3 times?

Yes. Or, let's qualify that, yes as far as I can tell this scenario is not covered under any obvious seller feedback protections.

You might (and I would try if it were me), with some legwork, get eBay to see it your way and remove any bad feedback/dsrs, but I don't see this one as a slam dunk.

Try sending with indirect signature next time. From ebay:

"You would be covered for transactions of up to $250, provided you meet the other basic requirements of the seller protection policy. For transactions of $250 or more, you would also have to require a signature at delivery. You could use any of the three signature options available

• Like 1

I would offer to reship for the exact amount or offer to refund - shipping. Gauge their reaction to that. Normally you can figure out if they are the unfair A-hole type. If you offer a full refund early, they may take it and run. In that scenario, it makes more sense for them to just go ahead and pay you to reship it.