eBay Violation Help Please

peeiempee

So I just received an email.  Super confused.  I went listed Mega Bloks 97015 Seraph Covenant and Mega Bloks 91729 UNSC Pelican Gunship along with a Lego Polybag Winzar's.  I got the following email.

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's policy. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account: 
- Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message. 
- We have credited any associated fees to your account. 

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account.

We encourage you to contact LEGO Juris A/S directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: 
[email protected]

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page: 
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/programs-vero-ov.html

If you have additional questions, contact our policy experts:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1337&domain=email1411 

To learn more about rules for sellers, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-rules-overview.html

Here are the listings that were removed:
321296858935 - Mega Bloks 97129 and 97015 - Halo - UNSC Pelican Gun and Seraph - Brand NEW ++

So what is this about???? Someone has rights to sell Legos or Mega Bloks exclusively on ebay????  Can someone with experience help me out on this?

So I just received an email.  Super confused.  I went listed Mega Bloks 97015 Seraph Covenant and Mega Bloks 91729 UNSC Pelican Gunship along with a Lego Polybag Winzar's.  I got the following email.

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's policy. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account: 

- Listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message. 

- We have credited any associated fees to your account. 

Please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account.

We encourage you to contact LEGO Juris A/S directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: 

[email protected]

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page: 

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/programs-vero-ov.html

If you have additional questions, contact our policy experts:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1337&domain=email1411 

To learn more about rules for sellers, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-rules-overview.html

321296858935 - Mega Bloks 97129 and 97015 - Halo - UNSC Pelican Gun and Seraph - Brand NEW ++

So what is this about???? Someone has rights to sell Legos or Mega Bloks exclusively on ebay????  Can someone with experience help me out on this?

That is very strange.  I would guess there was something about the way it was listed that violated their policy, but other than that I have no idea.  The only things of mine that have been taken down were when I accidentally loaded items twice, in which case I was thankful they removed them.  They know a lot of people sell LEGO as I have discussed it with the service reps every time I have called to increase my limits, so I don't think it has to do with what you were selling.

Start by contacting through the links they gave you, and do NOT relist any of the items they removed, in any format, no matter what, until you have this resolved.

The company "Daypitney.com" appears to be a law office/website. You won't know what they're accusing you of until you contact them, if you don't get a response via email, call them. 

Because they're the ones who issued the VERO, they're the ones who have to rescind it after you find out what they think you've done wrong.

For more information on VERO claims and remedies, visit tabberone.com.

Was it one listing containing all three items, or three different listings?

• Like 1

Well I did list them all together. But according to eBay rep she said that the request came from a representative of Lego. Maybe lego does not want their product listed with mega bloks.

I sent them an email. I will update with response. I really just hope this is not the sign of lego corp trying to stop eBay sales of their product. If there was a bubble for lego investing this would be it

Please keep us updated - this is the first VERO takedown I've seen/heard of for Lego, so I'll be curious to know of your experiences.

Lego cannot prevent sale of their product when that product is authentic and purchased legally - but they can, if they decide to, make it hard on people by making them prove that it is authentic and purchased legally. 

I have also not heard of a company VEROing someone for listing their product in the wrong category (not saying it doesn't happen, just a new one for me. Generally I've seen keyword spamming/wrong category takedowns from eBay competitors and/or aggressive fans/collectors reporting the listing to eBay, not VERO takedowns from the manufacturers).

Guest brickcrazyhouse

i've been sorting a bin'o lego and have found a hand full of mega bloks. thought about listing but threw them in the trash where they belong.  didn't want people seeing  mega bloks in my store 

op like the wise frog said please keep us posted

Start by contacting through the links they gave you, and do NOT relist any of the items they removed, in any format, no matter what, until you have this resolved.

The company "Daypitney.com" appears to be a law office/website. You won't know what they're accusing you of until you contact them, if you don't get a response via email, call them. 

Because they're the ones who issued the VERO, they're the ones who have to rescind it after you find out what they think you've done wrong.

wow.. good thing I re-read the last part.  at first glance I saw www.toblerone.com

I thought to myself. Well that doesn't make any sense 

• Like 1

I am guessing it was taken down by a bot because you had the word lego in the description along with mega bloks, or you had the listing under a lego category. The two companies have a history since Lego tried to stop alot of countries including the USA from importing Mega Bloks a few years ago. Relist the items separately and you won't have any issues.

Interesting Website. I wish I had this before - I had some issues were VERO back when I used to sell GUitar equipment. Evidently Boss didn't like that I was modifying their equipment to not sound like cheap lab produced crap and reselling it to make money.

---CUT ----

I bet  the bot caught the word GUN in your title and auto-drop your listing.  It is against their policy to sell firearms on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Mega block In the Lego category or selling mega bloks with Lego in the title is enough to get the auctions removed. It's called keyword spamming

I have sold Mega Bloks with the word Lego in the title, followed by the word compatible. :)

Confusingly on eBay UK up until recently, within the Lego category there was a drop down to include the Brand and they had all Mega Bloks Kreo etc... listed to chose from. This has now been fixed and you only have the choice between lego and Duplo. Which makes more sense.