10229 - Winter Village Cottage

Ed Mack

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have new top secret information regarding its EOL date...............December 2030 LOLLL ;)

My information says December 2130! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I know it is speculation but you really do have to think that the bakery is gone this time.

That being said, if it makes a return at the end of the year a few people might have beenburned by the speculation!

Guest eightbrick

I recommend anyone interested (in the set) to check your local lego store. Mine had this for 65 dollars (reg. canadian price: 130). I picked up one.

Guest AnnexBrett

I recommend anyone interested (in the set) to check your local lego store. Mine had this for 65 dollars (reg. canadian price: 130). I picked up one.

Which Lego store have it for that price? GTA?

Guest eightbrick

Hint: Oil, Stampede, Terrible hockey team, Cowboys, Money, More Oil.

(Calgary)

I was surprised to see it at that price, I am kicking myself for not getting more.

Guest AnnexBrett

Hint: Oil, Stampede, Terrible hockey team, Cowboys, Money, More Oil.

(Calgary)

I was surprised to see it at that price, I am kicking myself for not getting more.

Its $90 in GTA. I gotta go check it if they have it for $65 as well.

Guest eightbrick

If it is 90 it might be in your favor to wait. Calgary had it at 90 a week or two ago before it was further reduced to 65. At 65 dollars it feels like such a good value, but the Lego store seems to have trouble moving them. Good luck in finding it!

Guest AnnexBrett

If it is 90 it might be in your favor to wait. Calgary had it at 90 a week or two ago before it was further reduced to 65. At 65 dollars it feels like such a good value, but the Lego store seems to have trouble moving them.

Good luck in finding it!

Nothing in the GTAs lego stores...! I got some at $90 ($101) but $65 sounds much better.

Just grabbed 3 for $65 each at the Oakridge Lego store in BC. They have 2 left if anyone in Vancity reads this. :) Apparently they had some Post Office's as well, but sold them out a few days ago. So I missed the boat there. But still a good score on this set.

Anyone know why the winter village has not been on the Lego website lately? When you search for 10229 it doesn't show up.

Winter village cottage 10229 is now discontinued and Lego put a heavy discount on them in January ("Sales and Deals section"). At the time they were selling at something around 65 Euros. I tried to buy one myself but too late :(

Guest AnnexBrett

Just grabbed 3 for $65 each at the Oakridge Lego store in BC. They have 2 left if anyone in Vancity reads this. :)

Apparently they had some Post Office's as well, but sold them out a few days ago. So I missed the boat there. But still a good score on this set.

Its not quite driving distance for me unfortunately.... LoL

Guest eightbrick

Winter village cottage, bakery, and post office are discontinued. The only winter village set that will be for sale in 2013 will be the new set. Not sure what it will be yet.

Is this speculation or from a reliable source? If the trend continues, shouldnt the post office and cottage be availible too?

Guest AnnexBrett

Nothing in the GTAs lego stores...! I got some at $90 ($101) but $65 sounds much better. No luck in the GTA. Never been marked down to $65 only to $90. Maybe we will get a wave from the west next week. Let's hope!

I am on the "it's gna come back next winter" side BTW.

Hey Rich. 2 different reliable sources at different times told me. I have a friend that is a lego store manager I have known for 15 years tell me through his source ( which has been true so far about Lego info) and my sister's friend that works for Lego also shared the same info with me. She was right about the zombies set being discontinued when it was for example.

Hey Rich. 2 different reliable sources at different times told me. I have a friend that is a lego store manager I have known for 15 years tell me through his source ( which has been true so far about Lego info) and my sister's friend that works for Lego also shared the same info with me. She was right about the zombies set being discontinued when it was for example.

Thanks, very, very interesting if this is indeed true about the Cottage. In my opinion it is the best winter themed set yet, not sure why it would be discontinued after only one year. Seems extremely strange to me.

Guest eightbrick

If true this could be a very good investment, perhaps the most overlooked investment of 2012. Many potential investors might have waited on it, assuming it will come out again next/this Christmas. However, I'll wait till september to come to conclusions. I picked up one more just in case :D

I'm not drawing any conclusions on this until next christmas, while they may not be doing more production runs, I would be very surprised if Lego didn't clear out their existing inventory next Christmas.

Exactly. I'll grab one just in case, but as I don't have one for my winter collection it will not matter much if they are released again.