NFL playoffs

chinothegeeko

Yeah i am still gonna be anti Peyton Manning. I wish he would actually show some fortitude when it matters before everyone ordains him the greatest of all time. He threw a pick six to lose a super bowl (basically the end of the game) - not even Brett Farve has thrown a pick six in a super bowl (nor Eli Manning).

Denver has been boosted up by playing a bunch of bad teams. They couldn't beat the Patriots up 24, got whipped by the Colts and the Bolts. They have no Von Miller.

They are honestly lucky that Gronkowski went down. If he hadn't, NE would be the number 1 seed and they wouldn't come into NE and win - especially with the rough conditions.

As it is, they have a good shot at reaching the super bowl, but I don't think they can beat Seattle.

San Diego had no trouble whipping the Broncos, in Denver, a few weeks ago... Denver WILL choke again today...

Whipping? A 7 point loss when we played our worst game of the season. I'll take it. Not to mention it was on a Thursday night which is a big disadvantage for a preparation focused team like Denver. They may still lose but that game was good for them. Brought them down to earth

I used to not really care for Cam Newton, but I like him a little more now. feel like he has matured a lot this season.

Kapernick I think suffered from everyone drinking his Koolaid way too early. As you said Frog, he is still pretty young. But, I think his coaches messed up a bit because they have tried to ride his zone read ability and we all knew eventually the NFL would figure that out. There is a reason the zone read doesn't work that great in the NFL. Because 300 pound Lineman running 3.4 40s destroy your Quarterback when he takes the ball or hands off.

The zone read and thst running game to me is best equated to Japanese pitchers in baseball. Lights out ur first year or two. Thsn u csnt do it anymore and u suck. Scouts do work and you are figured out. Rg3 hideo nomo syndrome. This just dosnt apply to Tim tebow because u k ow it's Tom tebow. :)

I can't stand the 49ers knack for complaining. They complain more than any team and Harbaugh rarely goes 3 plays without going ape on the officials. Just not something I like to watch.

I see that - it has gotten too bad in general. I think if you make the flag the motion, or if your sideline does, you should get an unsportmanlike. Everyone says the officials are bad - and sometimes they are. But I think its because they are human and they are completely moved by other peoples reactions.

Just saw it happen on a roughing penalty in the Caroline, SF game. not a penalty.

Hey, I'm just glad to have somebody abusing Kap for being too GOOD instead of bashing him for only managing to walk on water HALF the time when he's had a whole year as an NFL starter. ;-)

That's just it though. For some reason he plays lights out when the packers play him, whether it's running or passing, but he looks average at best against everyone else. Our defense just can't seem to figure him out.

Agreed. The officials really need to be given a freaking break sometimes.

My biggest pet peeve with the nfl and sports in general isa when the refs get the call rto *** and it's in its but it goes your teams way. And you cheer. Than u boo when they get a call right and it's against you. I hate bad calls even if they go my teams way.

I can't stand the 49ers knack for complaining. They complain more than any team and Harbaugh rarely goes 3 plays without going ape on the officials. Just not something I like to watch.

Harbaugh is a doosh. Another reason other than kaepernick that I can not root for the 49ers. Before harbaugh and kaepernick got there I had always admired that organization. I grew up watching Montana to rice and then Steve young. Bill Walsh was a class act as well. These guys, not so much.

Douchebaggery is the reason I can not root for Seattle, either. Ignore the whole USC thing with Pete Carroll. We all know what went down there with him getting out right before the NCAA hammer fell. What irks me about him is how he acted like they won the Super Bowl when the replacement officials fudged up the Monday night football interceptouchdown play against the packers two seasons ago. Then afterward he acts like they got the call right. Just admit you received a gift and move on.

I shouldn't have started to read this thread. Other than lego, NFL football and the Packers are my other passion, and this thread is getting me all worked up! Lol

Denver / San Diego vs Carolina is my preferred Super Bowl matchup now with the packers being eliminated.

Harbaugh is a doosh. Another reason other than kaepernick that I can not root for the 49ers. Before harbaugh and kaepernick got there I had always admired that organization. I grew up watching Montana to rice and then Steve young. Bill Walsh was a class act as well. These guys, not so much.

Douchebaggery is the reason I can not root for Seattle, either. Ignore the whole USC thing with Pete Carroll. We all know what went down there with him getting out right before the NCAA hammer fell. What irks me about him is how he acted like they won the Super Bowl when the replacement officials fudged up the Monday night football interceptouchdown play against the packers two seasons ago. Then afterward he acts like they got the call right. Just admit you received a gift and move on.

I shouldn't have started to read this thread. Other than lego, NFL football and the Packers are my other passion, and this thread is getting me all worked up! Lol

Denver / San Diego vs Carolina is my preferred Super Bowl matchup now with the packers being eliminated.

I hear ya terry and same goes for me. As for Seattle of course it was a gift. Carroll certainly lets his players get away with a lot as they are the #1 most penalized team.  He has a knack for finding talent along with Schneider to fit his system. I'd be more mad about us getting John Schneider than the fail mary.

Harbaugh is a demi-god. If he were coaching any other team I wouldn't care for his sideline behavior, either, but since he's mine, well, I find it endearing. ;-) No coach works harder or is more dedicated, and his record speaks for itself. I still remember last season when he was upset about missing a whole half-day of work during the season because he had to go in for a "minor" heart procedure.

I always find the criticism of the 49ers "whining" hilarious, because there's no team the commentators are tougher on. Watching the Seattle game yesterday, I heard them making excuses all day about why Wilson couldn't find an open receiver. Kap in the same situation gets raked over the coals.

It's the price we pay for being the most awesome team in football again - a lot of the fingerpointing about "whining" should be looking at where those other four fingers are pointing back. ;-)

I hear ya terry and same goes for me. As for Seattle of course it was a gift. Carroll certainly lets his players get away with a lot as they are the #1 most penalized team.  He has a knack for finding talent along with Schneider to fit his system. I'd be more mad about us getting John Schneider than the fail mary.

Agreed. Schneider was huge, yet nobody over here ever talks about that. He is an outstanding evaluator of talent, as the Seahawks roster can now back that up. The packers draft too many "projects" on defense and the offensive line, and they seldom seem to pan out, which over the past few seasons has started to show. We have had one of the worst defenses and offensive lines in the league for awhile now. Other than aaron Rodgers falling into his lap at #23, ted thompson's 1st round picks have been mediocre at best. Clay Matthews is the exception, but he is made of glass and can't stay healthy for any length of time.

I like Moreno right now. Mostly to agitate my sister-in-law, but also because his dealing with being pulled by learning from it, turning it into hard work and yielding a very positive outcome. All while keeping a good attitude and not getting arrested for something stupid. I know he's not a quarterback or a coach, but the whole of the NFL could learn from his actions. So I hope Denver goes all the way.