What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/30/2023 at 4:48 AM, Banjoman said:

Sold the last of the eighty+ 75319's I snagged last Christmas....between 64.99 and 69.99....  20.75 buy in.   Wondering if I should have held until next year?

turn and burn

• 2 weeks later...

Curious what the consensus is on sets for example that have been retired for 4-5 years now that have loss traction and are now starting to slightly fall in price?   Examples:  Ferris Wheel & Carousel.  What would be the reason for this.  These are fairly unique sets I feel.  I understand sets can only go so high but I would have thought these would be higher then they currently are at?  Is it just a buyers market right now given the time of year and economy?  Makes me skeptical about larger sets without unique minifigs.

23 minutes ago, BrickU said:

Curious what the consensus is on sets for example that have been retired for 4-5 years now that have loss traction and are now starting to slightly fall in price?   Examples:  Ferris Wheel & Carousel.  What would be the reason for this.  These are fairly unique sets I feel.  I understand sets can only go so high but I would have thought these would be higher then they currently are at?  Is it just a buyers market right now given the time of year and economy?  Makes me skeptical about larger sets without unique minifigs.

Sellers caving

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BrickU said:

Many factors are included here. Disposable income has crashed as necessities are way up in price. This leads to buyers either scoffing at retired sets, or finding alternative means of acquiring similar non-branded versions of the sets. Sellers have to chase prices if they want to make sales and move product, leading to even further undercutting. 

Lego is also yanking a ton of previous aftermarket cash by pumping out so many excellent sets now. If they keep it up, it will continue to drain the pockets of the consumer as they will have to battle buying a discounted set at Walmart or paying a premium for an aftermarket retired set. 

It's simply a buyers market right now as those who can afford the upcharge on aftermarket bricks don't have nearly the competition that existed a couple years ago. The long term problem is that the increased price of necessities has normalized, and they're not coming back down. So this squeeze on the consumer is going to continue, which is just going to squeeze the reseller.

• Like 4

We have a Bricks and Minifigs store opening up in my area next month. Im friends with the owner and have been selling him all kinds of sets and things for the store. Im excited to help the store out. Im sure I will be spending a fair amount of time there. He has some people from the community coming in for the opening on May 4th.

• Like 3