Chase McCain exclusive minifigure available at Target

TheOrcKing

Currently at Target, you can buy a preorder reservation card for the LEGO - CITY "Undercover" video game exclusive to the Wii for only $1. Attached to each of these is a polybag containing an exclusive minifigure of the game's main character, "Chase McCain". It's also supposed to come with a collector's card.

I do not know if there is limit as to how many preorders you can buy (there usually is a per customer limit), but I believe these will only be available until November 18, when the game becomes available. Whether or not the character will become collectible or worth investing is anyones guess, but at one dollar how could you not make a profit later down the road? (sizeable or not)

Besides, he costs less than any one character from the MINIFIGURES series.

Add the fact that you do not have to actually purchase anything besides the card.

Just buy the preorder, take the figure, and toss out the card.

On my next visit, I plan on trying to get a few myself. Maybe six or even ten, if I can.

I do not know if there is limit as to how many preorders you can buy (there usually is a per customer limit), but I believe these will only be available until November 18, when the game becomes available. Whether or not the character will become collectible or worth investing is anyones guess, but at one dollar how could you not make a profit later down the road? (sizeable or not)

Besides, he costs less than any one character from the MINIFIGURES series.

When I bought those, I asked the cashier if there was a limit and he said no so I went back and grabbed the rest on the rack. Here's my review of the minifig: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-city-undercover-chase-mccain-minifigure-5000281-review/

Well, I just picked up eight of this limited figure and he's actually pretty cool.

Definately confirmed that there is no limit on how many of the preoder you can buy, so buy out your nearby Target!

Just as a reminder, the preorder will probably not be available after November 18th, which gives everyone another week after this one.

Looks like the Targets around here are all sold out. I've gone back everyday to see if they're restocked but I walk up to empty racks. Looks like they only had a very limited supply.

I'm not surprised, considering that the game will supposedly be available in a couple of days. Plus the fact each one of us is guilty of cleaning out the store, heh. I know I bought eight for myself just last week. I hope we can get more deals like this exclusive in the future. ($1 for a minifig, what's not to like?)

I'm not surprised, considering that the game will supposedly be available in a couple of days. Plus the fact each one of us is guilty of cleaning out the store, heh. I know I bought eight for myself just last week. I hope we can get more deals like this exclusive in the future. ($1 for a minifig, what's not to like?)

I wish Gamestop did the same thing with the Elrond minifig too.

LEGO City: Undercover is actually confirmed as a "launch window" game and gamestop currently has the release date as 03/01/13. I would still try to pre-order it soon before the minifigs are gone (most stores will have the minifig bonus for pre-ordering, not just Target), but the game won't be coming out this year, so you'll have as long as it takes for your local store to run out of the minifigs.

If there is a next time, the price will be higher.

That or have a "per customer limit", like two items per buyer. It was bad enough what LEGO did to the MINIFIGURES series by raising the price of them by a dollar. Sure the characters and designs in each subsequent series keep getting better, but nothing has really changed as to what you are buying now and what was available back then. You still only get one minifigure with (maybe) some accessories in a completely random bag.

Just looked at those Bricklink figures for "Elrond", sheesh! The highest I've currently seen for "Chase McCain" is around $8 on Bricklink. There is an eBay auction for "Chase" that has a few bids currently at that price as well. There is one with a 'buy it now' for $12, another at $20. As for now, I do not see many people bidding on "Chase McCain". It will take a while before he goes anywhere.

There is also the problem that a "Chase" lookalike will be included in one of next year's police sets, High Speed Chase. So I wonder what that will do to value of the exclusive "Chase McCain" sealed polybag. Still, considering that set will be $30 and the minifig polybag cost $1, a decent profit should be made later down the road. Or even before the end of the year.

Per customer limits are too difficult at a store as big as Target. All it takes is one cashier who doesn't know what's going on (88% of them) and you can slip through. The next time, the price will be higher ($5), or you will get the minifig with purchase of the game (like Gamestop did). Believe me, I loved this promotion, I just don't think we'll see it again.

The next time, the price will be higher ($5), or you will get the minifig with purchase of the game (like Gamestop did).

I doubt the price will go that high, but I do agree that they may make it to where you have to actually buy or preorder the game to get the exclusive minifigure.

Bummer....

Oh well, since the ball is in LEGO's court now we'll just have to wait and see.