21107 - The End

TheOrcKing

Guest brickcrazyhouse

You got me. With the title of the thread, I thought you ment LEGO was done and out of the minecraft scene. It seems they are expanding even further. Any thoughts of LEGO spreading out to much. Before when they fell on bad times it was for similar reasons. The set designs are far better but regular consumers only have so much to spend. Then again it may mean more set reaching the clearance shelves. Never got into minecraft so I'm out on this one, unless there is a shortage and can get my hands on a couple for a quick flip.

The more sets the better.  For those that have stayed out of Minecraft because they don't understand it, the two creators of the program (Markus Persson and Jens Bergensten) were named by Time in their 100 most influential people in the world last year.  Jump in now whenever the price is under $30, and you won't be disappointed.

Anyone know when minfig sized sets are due out?  Lego keeps showing us samples, but I haven't heard of a release date.

• Like 1

The more sets the better.  For those that have stayed out of Minecraft because they don't understand it, the two creators of the program (Markus Persson and Jens Bergensten) were named by Time in their 100 most influential people in the world last year.  Jump in now whenever the price is under $30, and you won't be disappointed.

Anyone know when minfig sized sets are due out?  Lego keeps showing us samples, but I haven't heard of a release date.

I`m not sure that`s a good thing.... :ermm: That said, I`m not surprised another set is coming out. The game is certainly very big, and Lego of course wants to keep riding on the money train. Makes sense. 

You got me. With the title of the thread, I thought you ment LEGO was done and out of the minecraft scene.

5m5v.jpg

Any thoughts of LEGO spreading out to much. Before when they fell on bad times it was for similar reasons. The set designs are far better but regular consumers only have so much to spend. Then again it may mean more set reaching the clearance shelves.

It does seem Lego is coming out with a ton of stuff this year alone which will certainly make things more difficult for collectors and completionists but on the plus it does mean there is plenty of variety to look forward to as well as discounts later on. There also is the possibility of certain sets seeing spikes of value because people could not afford to buy them all at the time of retail forcing them to look at the secondary market as an option. I know this year I personally will really have to limit what I focus on which is frustrating but what can you do?

You got me. With the title of the thread, I thought you ment LEGO was done and out of the minecraft scene. It seems they are expanding even further. Any thoughts of LEGO spreading out to much. Before when they fell on bad times it was for similar reasons. The set designs are far better but regular consumers only have so much to spend. Then again it may mean more set reaching the clearance shelves. Never got into minecraft so I'm out on this one, unless there is a shortage and can get my hands on a couple for a quick flip.

The idea not to get established lego consumers to buy more (although that's always a plus), but rather to turn non lego fans into lego fans with sets that appeal to different interests. In that respect, I think lego is doing a fantastic job.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hmm, I guess since everything is rather dark at this part of the realm in game, the light nougat bricks work although it comes off as very greenish going by actual screenshots.

Screen_Shot_2012-12-08_at_6.24.58_PM.png

I wonder how many Ender men this will come with?

I spot at least four so unless another is hidden in the back that would be my estimate.

• 1 month later...

This set has just been released on jinx.com for sale

I think they did a good job with the box art.  I will probably be buying this and the Ghostbusters set  on June 1st to flip.

(Congrats on beating all the LEGO news sites to announcing the box art!) :read:

Jinx have a mental shipping cost calculator for international orders.  I put 3 in and get a ship cost of $9 something, add a 4th and it goes to $77  :shocked:   Funny thing is that they usually come in the same size Lego box that holds 6 standard Minecraft sets as I've bought a few lots off them before.  It must hit some sort of weight step, but that is more than I'd pay for a large modular even.