5002122 - TC-4

TheOrcKing

I'll have to double check, but I think sealed. Is there still any reason for concern if they are sealed polybags? Should I still be concerned about fakes if they are sealed polybags? I just feel it's too good to be true.

ask for snapshot photo with the current newspaper or something else dated today that they cannot forge ;)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

The girl I'm e-mailing says she has about 25 each of the white Boba Fett and TC-4.....she also has pics of TC-14's and Darth Mauls and other Star Wars polybags.  It's a possibilty that she doesn't know what she has, but then again maybe it's a scam?  How could I get scammed if they are all in sealed polybags?  I might be hitting a gold mine here.......

I'll have to double check, but I think sealed.  Is there still any reason for concern if they are sealed polybags?  Should I still be concerned about fakes if they are sealed polybags?  I just feel it's too good to be true.

I do not know. I have seen them in clear ziploc or sealed transparent plastic bags, but that does not really mean anything

I do not know. I have seen them in clear ziploc or sealed plastic bags, but that does not really mean anything

These are supposedly in sealed polybags.  How could I get scammed if they look okay?  Is there something I'm missing?  I haven't bought Lego off Craigslist before and I want to be informed as possible before buying.

These are supposedly in sealed polybags.  How could I get scammed if they look okay?  Is there something I'm missing?  I haven't bought Lego off Craigslist before and I want to be informed as possible before buying.

Not at home but if memory serves me right you can not see inside the sealed White Boba Fett polybag.  So if they open it remove fig and replace with a common then reseal?  Just thinking.

Not at home but if memory serves me right you can not see inside the sealed White Boba Fett polybag.  So if they open it remove fig and replace with a common then reseal?  Just thinking.

I guess that would be possible.  You would be able to tell an opened polybag though, right?  Seems like it would be obvious.  I would probably open one just to make sure there isn't something else inside and then buy the rest that they have.  Is there anything else that they could be doing to scam me?

I do not think it is possible to cleanly open and reseal the LEGO polybags

That is what I was thinking.  So if I check these out and they look unopened and are official Lego, I should be good, right?  I don't think there is any way for people to make fake polybags and figures......it would be too expensive to do.  Sorry to ask so many questions.

That is what I was thinking.  So if I check these out and they look unopened and are official Lego, I should be good, right?  I don't think there is any way for people to make fake polybags and figures......it would be too expensive to do.  Sorry to ask so many questions.

This sounds like the craigslist polybag scam that is constantly on craigslist.

Also, what was the promotion to get the tc-4?  I vaguely remember something from Hong Kong tru.  Did the poly make it to the US?

Also, what was the promotion to get the tc-4?  I vaguely remember something from Hong Kong tru.  Did the poly make it to the US?

In holland (netherlands) the promotion was at a store called Bart Smit. The promotion was, buy one star wars lego set, get the polybag for free. So I bought 4 individual sets ;(>

Yeah, the dude said he had 25 of the white boba felt and 25 of the tc-14. I asked if they were his photos that he took of the polybags and he started giving me attitude about it and saying I was giving him a hard time. I asked him where he would like to meet and he never responded.

What good is it though if someone says they have a certain type of polybag and they meet with you? How is it a scam? They'll show up with different polybags and not the ones you want?

Yeah, the dude said he had 25 of the white boba felt and 25 of the tc-14. I asked if they were his photos that he took of the polybags and he started giving me attitude about it and saying I was giving him a hard time. I asked him where he would like to meet and he never responded.

What good is it though if someone says they have a certain type of polybag and they meet with you? How is it a scam? They'll show up with different polybags and not the ones you want?

No I wouldn't think so - but it does occur to me fakes might be possible somewhere.

Funny enough, on Craigslist, guys with Chinese fakes have been showing up like crazy touting them as actual Lego (but including Super Heroes Lego never made).

And At a flea market today, an Asian couple told me they had Lego and it was the Asian Knockoff Ninja Legos.

No I wouldn't think so - but it does occur to me fakes might be possible somewhere.

Funny enough, on Craigslist, guys with Chinese fakes have been showing up like crazy touting them as actual Lego (but including Super Heroes Lego never made).

And At a flea market today, an Asian couple told me they had Lego and it was the Asian Knockoff Ninja Legos.

Was the dude on craigslist stating that the fakes were actually sealed polybags?

That is the thing, they never meet you.  They want you to send them money so they can scam you.

• Like 1

That is the thing, they never meet you.  They want you to send them money so they can scam you.

Ah.....that makes sense. But he never said anything about sending money. Why would anyone put an ad out and then not meet the person when they have stuff for sale? Doesn't make sense.

Ah.....that makes sense. But he never said anything about sending money. Why would anyone put an ad out and then not meet the person when they have stuff for sale? Doesn't make sense.

They lure in people by acting nice and looking legit and offering meeting up, thus looking even more legit in the hopes of baiting people that live too far to meet up. These people would have to pay in advance and of course the potential scammer will say that's no problem.

Bottom line is people thinking this: oh that seller offers to meet up, he must be legit, but they don't know he refuses the people that suggest meeting up.

They lure in people by acting nice and looking legit and offering meeting up, thus looking even more legit in the hopes of baiting people that live too far to meet up. These people would have to pay in advance and of course the potential scammer will say that's no problem.

Bottom line is people thinking this: oh that seller offers to meet up, he must be legit, but they don't know he refuses the people that suggest meeting up.

I would never pay in advance. That is just not smart. If the dude doesn't want to meet up then that's fine. It's too good to be true anyway.

Yep, it was a total scam.  I hadn't contacted the guy since Thursday and he sends me an e-mail saying that he still had the Polybags.  I told him never mind it's too far to drive and to take care.  He said that he was sorry and was only in town for the 4th and he is now back in Ohio.  He had just told me Thursday that he had to work until 6 p.m.  He also had a Iowa area code for his cell......and he listed two different e-mail addresses on the e-mails that went back and forth between him and I.  He then said that he had Paypal if I still wanted them.  I told him to take a long walk off a short pier.  He hasn't contacted me since.  What a loser.