The LEGO Stores' Lenient Return Policy

Mos_Eisley

If buying something and reselling it at a higher price is wrong, Lets just go ahead and condemn all of the following:

Company Wal-Mart, Kroger, Target, Costco, The Home Depot, Walgreen, CVS, Caremark, Lowe's, Safeway, McDonald's, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Sears, Holdings, Macy's, Publix, SUPERVALU, Ahold USA / Royal Ahold Rite Aid Apple Stores / iTunes TJX Kohl's Delhaize America ****-E-B YUM! Brands True Value Dollar General Meijer Wakefern / ShopRite J.C. Penney BJ's Wholesale Club Staples Subway Gap Nordstrom Whole Foods Market Bed Bath & Beyond 7-Eleven Aldi Ace Hardware Ross Stores L Brands (formerly Limited Brands) Family Dollar Stores Army Air Force Exchange Wendy's Bi-Lo (formerly Winn-Dixie Stores) Starbucks Burger King Worldwide Menard Good Neighbor Pharmacy Darden Restaurants Verizon Wireless Toys "R" Us Trader Joe's AT&T Wireless Health Mart Systems Dollar Tree Office Depot AutoZone Giant Eagle Wegmans Food Markets Dunkin' Brands Barnes & Noble DineEquity Dillard's A&P O'Reilly Automotive Advance Auto Parts GameStop ****'s Sporting Goods PetSmart QVC Defence Commissary Agency Big Lots Save Mart Sherwin-Williams WinCo Foods OfficeMax Alimentation Couche-Tard Tractor Supply Co. Chick-fil-A Harris Teeter Supermarkets Foot Locker Dell Neiman Marcus Hy-Vee Brinker International Burlington Coat Factory Michaels Stores Belk Bloomin' Brands Williams-Sonoma IKEA North America Roundy's Supermarkets Stater Bros. Holdings Sonic Albertsons Price Chopper Supermarkets RadioShack Ingles Markets The Sports Authority

Bunch of cheaters...

Wow! How long did it take you to type all this up? :)

Although its sad because there are good reasons for it, but there are people who do not care about anything but money.

I agree with you, I used it myself once last year. The thing is, the way our society is developing you as a company just can't implement this type of policy expecting costumers to actually adhere to it. That is a thing of the past...

Wow! How long did it take you to type all this up? :)

Lol - I just searched for top 100 retailers and then copy and pasted it in a sarcastic manner. lol

I agree with you, I used it myself once last year. The thing is, the way our society is developing you as a company just can't implement this type of policy expecting costumers to actually adhere to it. That is a thing of the past...

Heh I know.

And I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I absolutely have done things that are morally wrong.  returned something to walmart several months back and they gave me a higher price than I was sure I paid for it. I didn't remember what it was so I kept my mouth shut. Wrong of me.

And owning a  business, I fight moral issues every day. Should I grab all of these. Should I skimp on this to make more money. It changes you - I fiht most of it off, but risk/reward analysis sometimes wins out.

But there is no reason to act like its not a dirty thing to do.

• Like 1

Retail price and MARKET Price are two different animals. Don't demonize people for realizing that some items have a higher Market Price than Retail Price and using the levers of CAPITALISM to take advantage of it. People cannot be demonized for pricing a Dolphin Cruiser at $100. No body has to pay $100 for a Dolphin Cruiser. In fact, these were on the shelves all September, most of October, and we all found plenty in November. In fact, if I hadn't bought the Dolphin Cruiser to save for that parent, they probably would have NEVER found it anyway. Marking up items to the MARKET Price is not fraud. It is capitalism. Plain and simple. Don't like it, move to China, commie.

I have no problems taking the entire counter of anything, with the purposes of reselling. It's on the counter to be sold. That is the store's first and foremost goal, especially if they aren't "banning" resellers like Lego. Most stores actually like resellers. It's why they accept reseller certificates. I have never been denied the ability to get items tax free with my reseller certificate from Target, TRU, Kmart, Walmart, and Kohls. I have never attempted at Lego because I know they do not allow it. If there is a limit in place, I will ring out multiple times, and get in the back of the line each time.

I have wiped out entire counters of TMNT action figures, and when parents come by, I ask if there's any particular one they're looking for. If I have it in my cart, I give it to them if I'm feeling nice. I don't have to though. I was usually just in the holiday spirit at the time. If someone cut me off outside in the parking lot, all bets are off.

If it's on the counter, and no limit is in place, the entire lot is fair game. I got there first. Tough noogies. Log onto Amazon and buy the stuff out of my store, at a mark up, and factor it as a cost for being too slow.

However, refund fraud is a very real threat to a business. Everyone ******* and moans about how Lego has taken away discounts, blah blah blah. Well every dollar they lose to clowns who are refunding a $100 set they got for $25, then buying $100 of current hot legos takes away from their bottom line. For every $100 they give away for stale product that doesn't sell, they have to sell $200 worth of stuff to make the $100 back. You guys doing this are DEFINITELY ruining it for a lot of other people who are just honestly trying to exchange a gift, or had honestly lost their receipt and paid cash. That policy will be abolished if it is abused.

I have some brass balls when I go into stores. I buy tons of stuff, and I expect good service too, not a stink eye for buying up merchandise. I have no problems price matching an entire cart of merchandise, as long as I know I'm abiding by the store's Price Match policy (ex. only 2 items of the same kind being PM'ed.) But I would never, ever even think to consider price  adjusting a clearance product. The price is never going to go up! Are you guys going to come back next month when it's 50% off and price adjust again? And when it's 75% off, and when it's 90% off? Where's the line drawn? It's not a sale price. It's a clearance price. It's never going back up, only down!

• Like 1

I'm sorry. If you have to ask if it's something is right or wrong, chances are what you are doing is questionable. You are STEALING DEFRAUDING if you are buying goods for clearance in returning for full price. There is ZERO DEBATE on that. If you do it, you are a lower life form than the FREE SH*T ARMY that sit on the A$$ receiving EBT, free housing, and a plain drag to society. There are only a few of you out many out there, your action will affect all of us down the road. I hope you get caught eventually. Actually no, you'll be wasting government resources trying and jailing you. I'll let karma take care of you. Be careful next time crossing the street, and I hope you choke drinking water.

• Like 1

I'm sorry. If you have to ask if it's something is right or wrong, chances are what you are doing is questionable. You are STEALING DEFRAUDING if you are buying goods for clearance in returning for full price. There is ZERO DEBATE on that. If you do it, you are a lower life form than the FREE SH*T ARMY that sit on the A$$ receiving EBT, free housing, and a plain drag to society. There are only a few of you out many out there, your action will affect all of us down the road. I hope you get caught eventually. Actually no, you'll be wasting government resources trying and jailing you. I'll let karma take care of you. Be careful next time crossing the street, and I hope you choke drinking water.

okay. you made your point.

I do not return sets for a discount.  In a case of buying a set(or any item) from a retailer and the set goes on sale shortly thereafter, I will contact that retailer for a refund.  99% of the time, the retailer will refund the difference.  If you are desperate enough to work the system by buying sets at KMart or TRU and returning them at a LEGO store, then this site is not for you.  That is one of the reasons resellers and investors are getting a bad reputation.

I have to believe though that these retailers need to be more proactive in the returns department.  Target restricts returns without a receipt to a few returns.  It is a good policy.  

On a personal note, my wife thought she was doing a good thing and bought me a Prince of Persia set at 50% off at Marshalls.  She did not see the tape over the seals.  The set was missing the minifigures.  Damn crooked reselling return thieves!!!

• Like 3