New Lego Catalog - What's missing...

Guest TabbyBoy

Lego's catalogues only show a small proportion of current sets available.  The chances are that an omitted set is far from retired.

I'm not looking to debate it - but raising kids in fantasy world (with the supposed intent of protecting them), does nothing for them.

When they are inevitably sent out into the real world - they have no coping abilities.

I agree this is a bit of a tiring debate of "Why no guns in City sets?" that has no real end. I have little problem with contributing statements on either side of the discussion honestly if they have some merit. All I am going to say is it is one thing to teach children about the dangers of weapons and the very lethal outcomes they have, and another to show them a movie where somebody gets their head blown off by one right in front of the camera. City has had a "No guns" law far back as it started and things seemed have gone just fine this far for the kids who played with them.

I'll be honest; I NEVER really though about how their aren't guns in city theme. Apparently it was no violent crime...(though maybe the rate of theft wouldn't so horrendous. The city probably looks like GTA without the guns... + the crooks escape and are captured so often...no wonder they never thange out of the prison outfits; they're basically running laps in and out of jail...) And  certainly see both sides of the argument...After all, guns (among other weapons) are extremely common throughout basically every theme...Star wars and Batman especially. But then, the City theme SHOULDN'T be like Gotham was in the Dark Knight Rises. And the public outcry would be horrible for lego, especially if any set included criminals with guns, and kids. NOT what I want to see either. 

(I do wish they'd at least give the Cops Tasers though...They tend to be yellow/ect. not black, so not much like a gun, non lethal, and would still make the cops not look like they're toast if the thug pulls out a fork...)

Honestly I think I never thought about the lack of guns in City sets growing up either. I do think it's a little funny how every other theme does have weapons of some sort while City does not but go right back to continuing on without really caring. Why complain about how things have been for so long now all of a sudden? Besides, the cops have every vehicle and handcuff at their disposal while the crooks just run around being jerks until said cops bust their thieving asses to throw them in jail....again. :lol: A taser could be a good idea as to a non-lethal device for the police force though.