9496 - Desert Skiff

M4x18

Yes, Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape is probably the best Superheroes set released so far. Lots of play value and its a very well designed set for minifigs (3 main villains and 2 main superheroes). Funhouse Escape, a TRU exclusive that is rarely on sale is tough for the average investor to build up large quantities of stock of this particular item. ps- i think this is star wars sub forum

For sure, Anakin's Jedi Interceptor will do well. With the 2015 arrival of a new trilogy, you can almost be certain the potential of star wars sets just went up. Especially exclusives, but you still will have to wait a bit for them to mature. Look for Star Wars sets with exclusive minifigs they don't make often. Sets like Bounty Hunter Gunship that appear to flood the market at discount right now become gold a few years down the road because of minifigures like Aurra Sing and Embo. Jango Fett's Slave 1 was on clearance collecting dust on shelves for months at less than $20. I remember when we thought back in '03 "GEEZ, TLG made a ton of Jango Slave 1's!! can't even give these away! over saturation, they will never be worth anything!!

• 3 months later...

Is it a good investment to get the Desert Skiff on Amazon at 32% off right now, or do you think I should wait a while?

Also, what about the parting out the set option (selling minifigs, vehicles, seperate) for immediate selling?

Is this considered a solid investment, since SW has not been performing as strongly as in the past.

Thanks, comicblast

I think I will buy a couple part out the set and offer to do international shipping to sell to people who are not as fortuante to have less expensive (notice I didn't say cheap) Legos. Are International buyers usually willing to pay shipping costs that are more than the cost of the product? This sound absurd to me, but that just me.

The four characters are great, some of the parts in dark tan & reddish brown are exclusive to the set and/or very difficult to find, and at the current offer of $16.97 that would make it about $0.08 a piece. It's a good set and totally blows the original one from 2000 out of the sky! I would get another one just for the parts, love those 'earthy' tones.

• 2 weeks later...

This set has been deeply discounted through Target, Walmart, and Amazon.com for a couple of weeks now down to 17.00 from it's original MSRP of 25.00. With the uniqueness of the minifigures and the price it was at, has this set been crippled in the aftermarket already since it was priced so low for so long? Any thoughts? I personally love the minifigures in this set and I had to buy a few at 17.00 just because it seems unbeatable for what you get. Right now it doesn't look like the resale of the Boba Fett on this set has been hurt by this on Ebay, does this seem odd to anyone else?

This set has been deeply discounted through Target, Walmart, and Amazon.com for a couple of weeks now down to 17.00 from it's original MSRP of 25.00. With the uniqueness of the minifigures and the price it was at, has this set been crippled in the aftermarket already since it was priced so low for so long? Any thoughts? I personally love the minifigures in this set and I had to buy a few at 17.00 just because it seems unbeatable for what you get. Right now it doesn't look like the resale of the Boba Fett on this set has been hurt by this on Ebay, does this seem odd to anyone else?

Personally I do not like the set, but thats just me :P

I don't think it has been completely crippled. It still has about a year from this summer before it goes EOL. You also have to remember many people buy this set and open it. IMO, investors shouldn't be worried about these discounts.

yep...we will just have to wait it out on this one. shopko had these on clearance for $14.99 a couple of weeks ago, so i cleaned them out. as others have mentioned already, 4 great figs, a good ship from a classic scene, and the sarlaac monster for $17 is a great deal. luckily they were cheap so i won't have too much money tied up in these while we wait for them to appreciate.