adding minifigs from sets to brickfolio.

luglife

Hi, I am quite green to this site(less than a week) and I have been slowly adding my collection to my brickfolio. I haven't been able to figure out how to add a minifigure from a set(e.***. any star wars set). I collect minifigures as well as sets, so like most of you I'm sure, I have WAY more minifigs than I do sets that they originally came with. Does anyone know how to do this? Or can it even be done? thanks. Luglife

Hi, I am quite green to this site(less than a week) and I have been slowly adding my collection to my brickfolio. I haven't been able to figure out how to add a minifigure from a set(e.g. any star wars set). I collect minifigures as well as sets, so like most of you I'm sure, I have WAY more minifigs than I do sets that they originally came with. Does anyone know how to do this? Or can it even be done? thanks.

Luglife

I do believe that Ed and Jeff are working on a way to add MOCs to your brickfolio, this might include minifigs but I am not certain. Welcome to the site, if you have any other questions there are some very knowledgeable people here, Ed and Jeff especially!

Hi, I am quite green to this site(less than a week) and I have been slowly adding my collection to my brickfolio. I haven't been able to figure out how to add a minifigure from a set(e.***. any star wars set). I collect minifigures as well as sets, so like most of you I'm sure, I have WAY more minifigs than I do sets that they originally came with. Does anyone know how to do this? Or can it even be done? thanks.

Luglife

This topic has been talked about in the past, and as of right now, it sounds like it would be a logistical nightmare to try to track sales, and therefore values. There are thousands of minifigs, and getting values on all of them would be impossible I think. The way they get their sales from ebay, so many figs are bunched together in lots makes it even harder to disseminate what sales would be legitimate for single figure data.

I agree with you that this would be a nice thing to have. There are values for Collectable Minifigs, so I don't think it is possible to say that there will never be minifig pricing on this site, but it will take the guys time to do this. I would love to see some themed lines be able to have pricing, which are probably the minifigures you are talking about. Batman, Star Wars, Superheroes, Harry Potter, etc. These are highly collected lines of figures and I think it would be possible to get pricing, but there are so many scenarios to effect what one sells for. Is it new? used? mint? cracked? bulked together with a couple other figures? have all its weapons? The list goes on and on. For sets it is a little simpler, but there can still be variables.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I guess I didn't think about keeping all that info up to date would be a major pain. It's one thing to have a "guide" in book form that can give a rough estimate on any particular collectable, being updated annually at best, but for the purpose of a brickfolio, wanting to have a continuously up to date value of your collection, that type of "ball park" figure just wouldn't cut the mustard. How about this then, when adding a bulk purchase, does the price given reflect having minifigs in it? and if so, will it depend on whether they are licensed or Lego brand? Or would it be better to exclude them in the entry and bulk all the minifigs together in a separate entry. I'm just looking to get the most accurate assessment of my collection. thanks so much for your help, I really do appreciate it. Evan.

As Stephen and Huskers stated, we are working on a custom option for adding MOCs, displays, and bulk to your Brickfolio, so I imagine you can use it for minifigures as well. There are no known part numbers that LEGO releases for these minifigures that are parted from sets, so there is no accurate way to classify them. At this time, there are thousands of different minifigures with tens of thousands of different descriptions that people use. A very difficult task. Maybe one day, with help of some members, we can tackle this issue.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am quite green to this site(less than a week) and I have been slowly adding my collection to my brickfolio. I haven't been able to figure out how to add a minifigure from a set(e.***. any star wars set). I collect minifigures as well as sets, so like most of you I'm sure, I have WAY more minifigs than I do sets that they originally came with. Does anyone know how to do this? Or can it even be done? thanks.

Luglife

I have the same situation!

This topic has been talked about in the past, and as of right now, it sounds like it would be a logistical nightmare to try to track sales, and therefore values. There are thousands of minifigs, and getting values on all of them would be impossible I think. The way they get their sales from ebay, so many figs are bunched together in lots makes it even harder to disseminate what sales would be legitimate for single figure data.

I agree with you that this would be a nice thing to have. There are values for Collectable Minifigs, so I don't think it is possible to say that there will never be minifig pricing on this site, but it will take the guys time to do this. I would love to see some themed lines be able to have pricing, which are probably the minifigures you are talking about. Batman, Star Wars, Superheroes, Harry Potter, etc. These are highly collected lines of figures and I think it would be possible to get pricing, but there are so many scenarios to effect what one sells for. Is it new? used? mint? cracked? bulked together with a couple other figures? have all its weapons? The list goes on and on. For sets it is a little simpler, but there can still be variables.

Would it be possible to use an average minifig price from Bricklink?