HURRICANE SANDY and its effects on BrickPicker.com...

Jeff and I are back on line. Power has been restored to our homes. We were very lucky. There are millions of people in the the Philly and NYC metropolitan area that were not as lucky as us. There are over 8 million people without electricity as I write this. Tens of thousands are stranded in flood areas. Nice to be back. You don't appreciate the quiet nights until you go through a night like we did last night...

Good to hear, sounds like all hell has broke loose up there. This storm truly came through like the meteorologists said it would, and probably more.

Phew! Well, I am certainly very esctatic that you guys made it out in one piece.

Jesus, I've heard around 40 people were killed, a whole neighborhood burned to the ground, and the top of a skyscraper crane was broken and just dangling there practically on a thread because of the insanely strong winds!

You don't appreciate the quiet nights until you go through a night like we did last night...

I know exactly what you're talking about there!

Still, glad to hear that you're okay. (Shaken up but still okay.)

The news has reported & confirmed the death toll in the US is currently around 109. The stats so far. New York City: 41 New Jersey: 22 Pennsylvania: 12 Maryland: 11 Rest of New York state: 8 West Virginia: 6 Connecticut: 4 Virginia: 2 North Carolina: 2 Puerto Rico: 1 At least 69 people killed in the Caribbean, including 54 in Haiti and 11 in Cuba. And it just keeps counting. Jesus Christ....

Still a very bad situation in north/coastal NJ, Staten Island, NYC...Gas lines that are 5 miles long. People fighting, getting stabbed, looting....DUMPSTER DIVING for food. There are some parts of the area that have a 3rd world nation feel to them. It paid to live inland this time around...