HURRICANE SANDY and its effects on BrickPicker.com...

To all BrickPicker members...

I just want to bring to your attention(if you are not aware already), that a huge storm is heading towards the middle Atlantic Coast of the United States. The center of the storm is supposed to hit central New Jersey on Monday and remain in the area for days. The storm is supposed to knock down a million trees across the Washington D.C., Philadelphia and New York City areas. I would imagine that there will be millions without power for an extended period of time.

Jeff and I both live in central New Jersey and it's safe to say that we will be without power as well. The servers for the site are in Texas, so I don't think the site will have any issues operating, but Jeff and I might not be able to respond to issues or problems on the site for days, maybe more. If there is an interruption in service, please be patient. We will eventually be back up and running as soon as conditions permit. For all of you who are in the path of this storm...good luck, be safe and move your LEGO sets to a high and dry place in your house.

Godspeed...

Ed and Jeff Mack

Jeff and I are back on line. Power has been restored to our homes. We were very lucky. There are millions of people in the the Philly and NYC metropolitan area that were not as lucky as us. There are over 8 million people without electricity as I write this. Tens of thousands are stranded in flood areas. Nice to be back. You don't appreciate the quiet nights until you go through a night like we did last night...