TRU.ca (Canada) $30 off promo card in store

weakside

Hey Canucks, just went to TRU to cash in my $15 off promo card...obviously bought some Lego on sale...they have another promo on right now as 'early bird' (before 10am) for today and tomorrow.  When you spend $80, you get a $30 off card for min $60 purchase in Jan 10-30th.  Not bad.   

Hey Canucks, just went to TRU to cash in my $15 off promo card...obviously bought some Lego on sale...they have another promo on right now as 'early bird' (before 10am) for today and tomorrow.  When you spend $80, you get a $30 off card for min $60 purchase in Jan 10-30th.  Not bad.   

Hey thanks for the heads up!

I got that $15 promo card as well I want to use before Dec 19. What did you end up buying? There are a few big sets for $20 but otherwise no great sales items that catch my eye this week.

I got that $15 promo card as well I want to use before Dec 19. What did you end up buying? There are a few big sets for $20 but otherwise no great sales items that catch my eye this week.

I bought the MKII crane, total came to $200 with that $15 promo card. It was discounted to $200 from $249, then subtract another $15. :)

Don't get fooled by th $30 promo, there's NOTHING worth buying right now, no discounts. IF the technic sets were still on sale, I highly recommend going there early in the morning, unfortunately, they have discounts on terrible items just to suck you into spending $80. Not worth it at all.

I managed to get 7 of those 15 dollar promo cards. using my last one today to get this new promo. thx!

If you go there and use the $15 promo cards, you'll get burned, unless you buy cheaper sets. Do the math, it doesn't add up. The $15 promo cards should've been used on the discounted MKII crane, Logger, Unimog, and Excavator. So now if you go there, you pay $249 for a crane - $15, just to get another $30 discount? 249 - 45 - 205. Just 2 days ago, the crane was $199.........careful bud.

I didn't know what to buy either haha...but just wanted to use that $15 discount and try to get the $30 promo card.  I don't have any new Superman sets so just bought 2 Battle of Smallville sets, normally $59.99 CAN on sale for $44.97...not a huge savings, set will be around for a while and I'm sure it's cheaper elsewhere but with the $15 off card it's do-able or kinda like no tax (13%).  Plus I now have $30 off on $60 purchase to use in Jan.

If it was a marketing trick I fell for it haha.  In Jan just wait for good sets on sale...try to buy something around $60 and get 50% off.

I managed to get 7 of those 15 dollar promo cards. using my last one today to get this new promo. thx!

Nice.  Too bad they don't have big discount off LOTR sets (Battle of Helms, Goblin King, Wargs) anymore to use your $15 cards...I would try to max out and get multiple $30 promo discount cards.      

I bought 3 Barrel Escapes at $40 ea, about a 27% discount from $55 and used the $15 off card. Also had a 50 airmiles promo and got the $30 gift card. So I made it work out fairly well. Note the $30 gift cards are not offered anymore as part of the promos for this week.

Well done! It is a pretty decent offer if you are able to stack with sales/promos. Thanks for sharing, I didn`t view the flyer this week, but now I have  :laugh:

Well done! It is a pretty decent offer if you are able to stack with sales/promos. Thanks for sharing, I didn`t view the flyer this week, but now I have  :laugh:

The Barrel escapes are quietly the best TRU deal this week I think. Not stellar but if you need to spend some money at TRU then these might be your best bet.

Too bad the promo only last for 2 hours (assuming that the store opens at 8am).. but most store open at 9:00am. Which leaves only 1 hour to get the promo $30 off $60 card. I was planning to go today, but the weather was extreme bad so stay home instead..

Yep I only got in the store at 9:45am and quickly grabbed what I wanted and paid. Then I spent another 30 minutes just browsing through the store.

Well, I bought the Fire Station (60004) for my son, using the prime match (PM) policy of TRU. It's listed at 99,99$ at migatoy.ca and they accepted it. So I paid 90$ plus taxes = 103,48$ for this set and I got the 30$ off any 60$ card. I've used migatoy.ca many times so far at TRU with the printed version of it and with the cell phone proof live. Only one manager did not allow me the 10% rebate and I left in anger, but did not pursue the issue.