10237 - Tower of Orthanc

3 hours ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Not to bring us around to the normal threads where all topics go to die, but it's just a market correction.  People who got in thinking there was quick, easy money to be made are now getting scared that their golden bricks might not be as golden as they were told.  Let them clear out for little or no gain (many of them will be dumping exclusives this Christmas), while those with patience just have to wait a little longer.  It seems like recent exclusives and other hoarded sets might just take a little more time to ripen than was expected.

Don't be sad.  Be glad they aren't true competitors who are in it for the long haul.  That would be far more damning.

do you really think one would be unscathed in this correction. whether you are in for a "short haul" or "long haul" everyone is going to get bruised.

some will weather the storm but everyone will be subjected to it. 

most of folks have most likely same approach "no new investment" rather wait and dump old stock.. :)

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, newbie77 said:

do you really think one would be unscathed in this correction. whether you are in for a "short haul" or "long haul" everyone is going to get bruised.

some will weather the storm but everyone will be subjected to it. 

most of folks have most likely same approach "no new investment" rather wait and dump old stock.. :)

I guess it depends on what you consider "bruised" or "unscathed".  Do I think any veteran investors are going to lose money?  They are all breaking even or better dumping their Death Stars, so no.  Do I think the people who jumped in last year and spend thousands on Tumblers, Red-5s, ToOs or just pay RRP in general might lose some money or already have?  Yes, probably.  But as long as your buy-in is good and you pick sets that aren't dumpster fires, I'm guessing most people aren't going to have a problem making money.  Maybe it's not what it used to be, but I wouldn't know :)

I'll hang up and take my answer in the bubble thread ;)

7 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

I guess it depends on what you consider "bruised" or "unscathed".  Do I think any veteran investors are going to lose money?  They are all breaking even or better dumping their Death Stars, so no.  Do I think the people who jumped in last year and spend thousands on Tumblers, Red-5s, ToOs or just pay RRP in general might lose some money or already have?  Yes, probably.  But as long as your buy-in is good and you pick sets that aren't dumpster fires, I'm guessing most people aren't going to have a problem making money.  Maybe it's not what it used to be, but I wouldn't know :)

I'll hang up and take my answer in the bubble thread ;)

really! for example based on your statement @emazers and his likes were able to dump all of his i.e. [ double/triple digit] X 10188 for profit. 

whatever alternate universe people might be living on... there is certain demand for these expensive toys but not really for 300+ sets to be dumped within a month period. even at rrp without qfll or sqfll demand was at the very most 20->30/week

but obviously veteran sellers can attest or refute... 

Edited by newbie77

This is one of the difficulties with ToO. A good buy-in was quite rare and hard to achieve in most of Europe and it is pegged at between 250 and 280 euros after almost a year EOL, with little surplus stock left in shops, unlike Tumbler.

Some of us even paid RRP or more and are trying to be patient as gains will be slow. That our Chinese cloner friends have copied it is also a negative point, however no one copies something that they don´t think will sell.

Just now, Val-E said:

This is one of the difficulties with ToO. A good buy-in was quite rare and hard to achieve in most of Europe and it is pegged at between 250 and 280 euros after almost a year EOL, with little surplus stock left in shops, unlike Tumbler.

Some of us even paid RRP or more and are trying to be patient as gains will be slow. That our Chinese cloner friends have copied it is also a negative point, however no one copies something that they don´t think will sell.

yeah based on pricing any copy/clone will be a seller for that matter. and no one can compete with folks that even compete on poly gloves that sells for a $1 for 1000s

they sell 12 superhero mini figures for $4,00 . now if they price "tower of orthanic" for $40 with whatever piece count. it will be a huge hit and will sell vs. $300 tower of orthanic.

2 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

yeah based on pricing any copy/clone will be a seller for that matter. and no one can compete with folks that even compete on poly gloves that sells for a $1 for 1000s

they sell 12 superhero mini figures for $4,00 . now if they price "tower of orthanic" for $40 with whatever piece count. it will be a huge hit and will sell vs. $300 tower of orthanic.

Strange that Speedorz fire bikes and Lone Ranger Mines are not high up on their cloning list, isn´t it?

18 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Strange that Speedorz fire bikes and Lone Ranger Mines are not high up on their cloning list, isn´t it?

they will eventually get there. they had a lot of backlog to start with .... just my thinking... they are focusing on what they can move first. eventually they will get there. 

Edited by newbie77

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Makes you wonder how filming for EP9 will go as a lot of the SW original cast are in their late seventies. Chewbacca will need a stunt double just to blink.

Peter Mayhew was in the suit for like 10 seconds for TFA.  It was a stunt wookie for the rest of the scenes.
Image result for chewbacca actor force awakens

• Like 1