Most valuable minifigure?

paulstenson

What is the most valuable mini figure in any theme?

I vote for the Boba Fett from Cloud City 10123.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120854194396+&item=120854194396&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466#ht_534wt_1274

The shirtless Darth Maul from the 2012 NYC Toy Fair is making quick strides to number #1. They are going for $200++++ and going up all the time.

• 2 months later...

I paid $100 for a Darth Maul like a dummie...LOL

I think the prices have dropped as it's is being given away free with a purchase of Star Wars lego from Smyths in the UK (an out of town toy superstore).

More details:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-darth-maul-minifig-with-star-wars-lego-purchase-smyths-instore-1223021

There isn't a minimum purchase, but it's one per customer in store only. I've been getting 9488 which is reduced to

Slightly off topic but does anyone have a good list of valuable/rare minfigs found in sets? I know there are a bunch of star wars minfigs that can fetch some decent change. I think off the top of my head there is: Watto Bib Fortuna Greedo Jabba Killer Croc series one Zombie

If those Toy Fair Avengers don't get released somewhere else, they will probably be in the top spot eventually. The C-3PO that is actually made out of gold aside, the Chrome Gold C-3PO is currently the highest. It has several recent eBay sales right around $300 and one as high as $368. Printed Fett has had recent sales at $250 and $270, with a high of $291 in April.

If those Toy Fair Avengers don't get released somewhere else, they will probably be in the top spot eventually. The C-3PO that is actually made out of gold aside, the Chrome Gold C-3PO is currently the highest. It has several recent eBay sales right around $300 and one as high as $368. Printed Fett has had recent sales at $250 and $270, with a high of $291 in April.

I agree. The Toy Fair Avengers minfigures appear to be a one time deal, but who knows. The baggies these two minifigures are in are not numbered like the badges were at the Toy Fair, so these might show up at the next big LEGO show. I will not spend $750 for these two minifigures like I got suckered into paying $100 for a shirtless Darth Maul. ;-)

• 10 months later...

I know this isnt the most expensive figure, but i remember when i was 14 and was starting to get rid of my legos. This is what started my interest in lego investing. I had 65153 (Jango Fett's slave 1 with bonus case) and at the time i had sold it for $60. I dont know what made it so special, BUT IT WAS AWESOME. Then i had 3 geonosians from set 4478 and sold them each for $40. When Lego came out with more geonosians, the value dropped pretty low.

My vote goes to the Iron Man and Captain America Toy Fair exclusives. They're listed at $5,000 apiece on Bricklink. IrishGuy got a shirtless Darth Maul from our crappy 'Lego' store for a few Rock Monsters and some other crap which equated to about $13. He was listed at about $13-$15 when I checked BL about a month ago.

Slightly off topic but does anyone have a good list of valuable/rare minfigs found in sets? I know there are a bunch of star wars minfigs that can fetch some decent change. I think off the top of my head there is:

Watto

Bib Fortuna

Greedo

Jabba

Killer Croc

series one Zombie

been checking into this and some others are:

nightwing from 7785

scarecrow from 7785 & 7786

batman from 7786

jango fett

and obviously exclusives to comic cons

will post more later

The Rarest minifigure, and perhaps one that we wil never even know if it truly exists is the Lego George Lucas figure. There are supposed to be three of them that have been made. One for Lego, One for Lucas and One for an unknown entity. If thats true thats incredible. I've seen an offer online for one that is 10,000 dollars starting price. I've seen another offer that is 15,000.... I'd pay 8,000 hands down... Also Bronze Boba Fett is one that got left off here..

• 1 year later...