Technic 2014

TheOrcKing

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm sorry to say that 42025 & 42026 seem to be the only decent looking 2014 Technic sets so far.  The others look a bit half-arsed to me.  What I plan to do is buy about 5 copies of each of the 2 largest Technic sets released in any given year.  I loved the 8070 Super Car but, I've just sold all mine ;-(

Guest eightbrick

Yeah these look a little more "cartoony" than the previous ones.

A bit. They'll probably still be good money-makers since uniqueness sells when it comes to Technic and Creator.

Guest eightbrick

I kinda like the look of the cargo plane.  I might buy one at some point.

Definitely a strong point. Seem's a lot better than the current jet plane in terms of color scheme, size, and the fact it actually has a normal wingspan:

pTRU1-11791731dt.jpg

I mean, I know it's a jet plane but shouldn't the wings be a bit longer?

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd love to see something like a steam traction engine, literally with all the bells and whistles but powered by say, compressed air as hot steam melts ABS!

Guest TabbyBoy

The Cargo plane will be a killer investment 

It could be but, too early to tell however, it's the best looking out of the 2014 Technic sets so far.  I'm going to see how the 9396 helicopter performs first, prices of that have dropped so it may kick the bucket next year?

what i see here is lego introducing beginner (easy to build/large pieces) technic sets, something they don't do very often, with the purpose of getting kids into technic. right now the majority of technic fans are adults and lego is looking to broaden its reach. however i see most of these flopping, with neither the kids or adults showing much interest.

Cool, an Lego airplane!  :D With power functions!  :w00t:

But it still can't fly...  :no:

Oh, it can. Just depends on how good your throwing arm is. :)

Wow!!!  I had no idea the cargo plane was going to include PF.  It would be a huge hit without PF, but having PF just makes it that much better!  I just watched both of those videos.  Soooo cool!!  Thanks for posting TOK :)

You're welcome, and I too was surprised it was going to feature power functions. I thought the plane looked good as is and then Lego kicks it up a notch.

what i see here is lego introducing beginner (easy to build/large pieces) technic sets, something they don't do very often, with the purpose of getting kids into technic. right now the majority of technic fans are adults and lego is looking to broaden its reach. however i see most of these flopping, with neither the kids or adults showing much interest.

By Lego's outlook, it is worth a shot to "get 'em when they're young" but I can see the build simplicity ending up being a hinderance except for mainly novice/easy-going builders. Technic's very limited availability doesn't help garner general attention to the theme either. I mean, how many kids are willing to dig through the Toys R Us or Lego website for these things if local stores do not have them to begin with?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...