Technic 2014

TheOrcKing

• 2 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I'll definately be grabbing the volvo for myself. I need to do some homework before I can commit to them as an investment though.

Same here, I'll get the Volvo to build.  Technic seems a dead duck in the UK as they are available everywhere these days often at a discount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For the first time in who knows how long, I finally saw Technic sitting on the shelf in the Lego aisle at my Target. Some others have already been seeing the same thing happen but this is the first for me and it felt pretty cool actually. :biggrin: Nothing too big though; just the Snowmobile, Black Champion Racer, Desert Racer, and Hot Rod. Now I'm not heavy into Technic but seeing these at all felt like a breath of fresh air and a little blast from the past at the same time. Plus that Hot Rod was smokin'!

For the first time in who knows how long, I finally saw Technic sitting on the shelf in the Lego aisle at my Target. Some others have already been seeing the same thing happen but this is the first for me and it felt pretty cool actually. :biggrin: Nothing too big though; just the Snowmobile, Black Champion Racer, Desert Racer, and Hot Rod. Now I'm not heavy into Technic but seeing these at all felt like a breath of fresh air and a little blast from the past at the same time. Plus that Hot Rod was smokin'!

I saw a few at Wal-Mart the other day too.

w-w-w-w-WOW

Technics sets weren't available in your wal-mart and target stores ?

It blows my mind a little.

Technics sets are available here since, well, ever. In every retailers stores. There are about as many technics sets on shelves as Chima or Ninjago (not the $199 sets though, only available in toy shops).

Maybe there will be a rise in interest in technics sets in the USA ?

w-w-w-w-WOW

Technics sets weren't available in your wal-mart and target stores ?

It blows my mind a little.

Somewhere in the past, Technic seemed to become a Toys R Us exclusive but something must have changed last year to whatever deal they had with Lego where now the theme is popping up in other retailers (if not in store then online at least). On one hand though with all the different themes currently available trying to take up the same shelf space, it can make sense why some retailers do not carry the one line if it hasn't been up to par with everything else in the past. Still it was cool seeing some Technic on the shelf and being the smaller sets I may just buy a couple or not. The pieces aren't exactly that useful in my kind of builds unless I want big tires for a monster truck or treads for a tank. ....I could perhaps use such items in a space type APC or some other type of defense vehicle.