New York Comic Con 2012

Mos_Eisley

Just got back from NYCC. Had a lot of fun, picked up some nice exclusives. Did anyone else make it? Jeff and Ed are fairly close, did either of you go?

Sadly, I was not able to go, but I do think you should donate your exclusives to BrickPicker for us to examine more closely and report back on. Unfortunately the items are not returnable :)

I was out there on Sunday first time ever attending.

It was intense unfortunately I didn't get any exclusives, they ran out of the tickets for the Luke Tin by the time I found the Lego booth.

If you didn't have one of the VIP badges that got you in first, you had no real chance at the tin. Exhibitors were lined up 30 minutes before the doors opened each morning so by the time regular attendees got in, most, if not all, of the tickets were already handed out for the day. The black turtle exclusive was also very hard to get. I really wanted those, so I went by and got a raffle ticket every chance I got. I had 30 raffle tickets for preview night and didn't get a single turtle! Unlike SDCC where they had around 1,000 of each minifigure, they had closer to 300 of both Krang and the shadow Leo. They never gave a number for the Leos, but based on the number of raffle numbers they drew each day, it would've been right around 300. In the end, I was able to get several Leos, Krangs and tins. I was even really lucky and got the rare pizza box that was just for press members (which I am not) or something.