which of your sets has the most "sentimental value" to you?

stephen_rockefeller

What happened to your first collection?

Well my youth happened to it, and my brother and sister. They would sneak into my room and mess with them. As a result, pieces were lost. I didn't take very good care of them either. I lost instruction manuals and eventually there was just no way to rebuild the collection. This was during a time when investing in Legos wasn't even on the radar. It was basically about 20 to 30 small/medium sets, only a few of which would hold much value today. Anyway, the box of pieces was either given to my brother or thrown away. My current collection is massive compared to what that was.

I assume you have a scale though, right?

Are you talking about the solid gold C-3PO or the metalic gold one?

There were only five solid gold ones made and those were given away to contest winners in a Lego Club Magazine drawing. The C-3POs inserted into the 2007 sets were just plastic figs painted metalic gold, and there were 10,000 made.

Either the entire Modular block that I have, but that is a combination of sets. The individual set that I take a lot of pride in is probably the Tower Bridge. It was a family build, so it was quite an experience to say the least...

None of those are sentimental... More the pride of my collection. I guess my sentimental set would be the Sheriff's Lock-up 6755. I still remember building that set and how excited I was. It is currently missing a few pieces... but I think I might take the time to put it back together.

most sentimental set for me is 6086 Black Knights Castle... when i was a little kid my now long deceased grandfather bought it when i was sick with high fever... when i seen it i did not want to go to bed untill the set was built! It just reminds me on that time and i have it complete again (i broke blue barding big flag, etc) but finally bought missing pieces. I doubt I would sell it unless for really ''ridiculous'' amount of casg (say like 400