which of your sets has the most "sentimental value" to you?

stephen_rockefeller

Easy answer for me. My grandma bought me 6075 Yellow Castle in 1983 for Christmas. My first set of more than 50 pieces or so. Dad helped me build it. It's started the whole LEGO builder in me and is one of my favorites to this day. Next up would be the 6285 Black Seas Barracuda. I drooled over it in the lego catalog introducing the new pirate collection. I had to have it and spent my own $90 to get it. It was even better than imagined and still one of my favorites. It also has the rare distinction of my wife commenting on how cool it is. Something my Darth Maul never did Ed. I can't believe my box for it is still in perfect condition. Now that was a box. Times have changed.

Easy answer for me. My grandma bought me 6075 Yellow Castle in 1983 for Christmas. My first set of more than 50 pieces or so. Dad helped me build it. It's started the whole LEGO builder in me and is one of my favorites to this day.

Next up would be the 6285 Black Seas Barracuda. I drooled over it in the lego catalog introducing the new pirate collection. I had to have it and spent my own $90 to get it. It was even better than imagined and still one of my favorites. It also has the rare distinction of my wife commenting on how cool it is. Something my Darth Maul never did Ed. I can't believe my box for it is still in perfect condition. Now that was a box. Times have changed.

The Yellow Castle was a great set. Great parts set. Tons of pieces. The Space and Castle themes of the late 70s and early 80s were the best. Great boxes also, with the flip up lids and plastic inserts. As a kid, I would tear away from my parents as soon as I hit the local Kmart to drool at the sets.

• 4 months later...

It would have to be my set 497 from classic space. I still remember my grandmom buying it for me at the toy store. Back then I didn't keep boxes or really the instructions. But I never took it apart and always played with it. Recently got a box in very good condition to complete it again. Great set.

Town LEGOs were my set of choice growing up. That said, my first big set was 6383 Public Works Center - I remember loving this set. A little later, I really enjoyed 6393 Big Rig Truck Stop. Great truck vehicles in this set, including a kick@ss semi tow truck. 6395 Victory Lap Raceway was great too. The cherry on the sundae was the TV camera it came with in the pits. Of course, I will second 6285 Black Seas Barracuda. Still my favorite set of all time.

7661-1: Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring Read more at http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=7661-1#mYPPgsCHQZKXVojB.99 although... i could never figure out why they put kit fisco in this set lol this is all time my favorite set

7661-1: Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring

Read more at http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=7661-1#mYPPgsCHQZKXVojB.99

although... i could never figure out why they put kit fisco in this set lol

this is all time my favorite set

I have a MISB one that I am debating on selling or not......I would be pretty upset if I sold it and there ended up being a gold C3PO in it!

I have a MISB one that I am debating on selling or not......I would be pretty upset if I sold it and there ended up being a gold C3PO in it! An easy way to figure if there is a gold C3PO in it is by weighing it. If someone could provide the weight, then if you weighed yours and it was more, then it would have a C3PO in it, I think.