Question about eBay donation options

Diabolos80

Over the weekend, I marked a few of my listings for donations to the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, in honor of Veterans Day. I was going to be taking a loss on some items, but that's okay because I actually did not sell ONE thing marked for donation (tsk tsk).

Anyway Veterans Day has passed and I'd like to remove the donation options, but I can't. I tried to revise the listings but it won't let me check the "I don't wish to donate" box.

Do I have to end and re-do all my listings??

So after a bit more research, I've learned that you cannot lower or remove a donation from a listing. You must end the listing and re-list the item.

Also, some ebayers have complained that eBay Giving Works is a bit shady. Apparently they can only be contacted through e- mail, and their replies are cursory at best. AND some ebayers say they have been hit with "unpaid or overdue" donation fees or something.

I will be re-listing my items. I dont think I'll be donating through eBay Giving Works again. Too bad the whole thing seems like a fustercluck.