How much are Advent Calendar's discounted after Christmas?

seapotato

Last year's Friends Advent Calendar retailed for $34.99 with the main worth being its limited release and single brief production run.

I had a chance to get a stack of 2012 friends calendars for $20 each last month and passed. IIRC these were not too hot last year which was probably why I could find a discounted stack in october.

Stores always seem to think they will be great sellers or perhaps Lego pushes their sale, but the fact is they are overpriced to begin with. This leads to hardly any selling for regular price and a massive dumping of them the day after Christmas. For these reasons, I would not think they would be good investments, at least not to buy 5-10 of. You want 1 or 2, just wait till after Christmas. You might still be able to get them half off all the way through January as it seems they are avoided by most resellers.

:ok: Perhaps some of the parts included? Or just maybe $30 is a better price point for the average customer than $35.

Well I can't argue about a lower price!

BTW, it looks like this year's Friends Advent Calendar is sold out on LEGO Shop at Home and a bunch of other retailers. Hope you all were able to grab one! (or a couple...)

BTW, it looks like this year's Friends Advent Calendar is sold out on S@H and a bunch of other retailers. Hope you all were able to grab one! (or a couple...)

Wow, you're not kidding. Everyone is already sold out of that advent calendar! Funny, I go to Target's website and it says "Currently unavailable online" & "Not sold in stores" but I bet my Target still has a bunch of these on the shelf. (They did just last Friday.) All the other currently available advent calendars are discounted by a few bucks but apparently Friends didn't need one. Gotta love it.

Like akohns, I bought the 2012 City Advent Calendar at a discount. Bought for 19.99 from Target in early January I think it was. Sold for around 34.99 plus shipping almost a year later. I'll probably skip this year's calendars investment-wise, I figure I can do more with the same amount I'd spend on these, the exception being Star Wars calendars which I may just try, but I never saw any at that price before...

I will say this about the Advent Calendars. For the last three years, I have been watching them after Christmas to get a couple as donations for Toy drives, but, at least in Toronto, they have not been reduced post Christmas. I've checked Walmart, Costco, Toys R Us, Lego Store, Mastermind, Sears, the Bay, Superstore etc etc. My guess is that since it's a seasonal item, they will have to drastically reduce it, like all other holiday stuff. Why bother when they can return it to Lego for full credit. Or, maybe it's reduced in February, and I've never noticed it because I've forgotten to look.

Edited - I saw a City one this past Spring at Walmart, maybe April or May. Clearly left over from Christmas, but when I scanned it,it was $40. I didn't think to ask the Manager for a discount.