Get an Architecture Studio 21050 before they are gone

Jeff Mack

The sets that everyone views as the prime examples of LEGO investing - Market Street, Cafe Corner, UCS Falcon, etc., aren't the prime examples just because they may or may not be awesome.  I'd argue that the Market Street is very unawesome, for example.  They are the prime examples because they came and went at a time when there weren't hundreds of people stashing dozens of each of them away.  I'm not saying it's your fault, Kerrmando, but your post points to the problem.  I know you've been doing this a while so it's not new for you.  All I'm saying is that people better prepared to sit on sets a really long time to expect to see ridiculous profits anymore.  There's nothing wrong with making 30% or whatever on your money after a couple years, just don't be expecting several multiples anymore. 

The sets that everyone views as the prime examples of LEGO investing - Market Street, Cafe Corner, UCS Falcon, etc., aren't the prime examples just because they may or may not be awesome.  I'd argue that the Market Street is very unawesome, for example.  They are the prime examples because they came and went at a time when there weren't hundreds of people stashing dozens of each of them away.  I'm not saying it's your fault, Kerrmando, but your post points to the problem.  I know you've been doing this a while so it's not new for you.  All I'm saying is that people better prepared to sit on sets a really long time to expect to see ridiculous profits anymore.  There's nothing wrong with making 30% or whatever on your money after a couple years, just don't be expecting several multiples anymore. 

You see at the discount I got them at though I can net 30% now easily... so I kind of disagree

I agree, but sometimes you can lead a horse to water...you know the saying.  I am not 100% positive this set is retired, but if it is, we pointed it out to people and many members blew it off as nothing special, so we will see who will regret not picking up a couple.  

I agree, but sometimes you can lead a horse to water...you know the saying.  I am not 100% positive this set is retired, but if it is, we pointed it out to people and many members blew it off as nothing special, so we will see who will regret not picking up a couple.  

even if its not retired you can still make good money on it overseas. we've flipped quite a few back when it came out. 

I've been flipping this set for awhile now, it was a sleeper set up until this thread was created

It definitely seems this way. Looks like HD and VC have gone that way too. BrickPicker does represent a tiny amount of the LEGO collecting world though, so there still might be potential in the set.

I Cancelled 3. Once it gets to 0 again...you can reorder.  They have 500 coming next week.   Once it said it might take an extra 2 days due to being sold out...but you could still order...I tried adding 999..  it allowed 487.  Assuming 13 preorders....and they have 500 coming  in.  Decided to wait and get them at b+****** with coupon.  Interesting set.  Not as sure as others that they are ending  them so soon.  Great deal at retail.  Bores me...I have 0 interest in opening one...but I can see the draw for others.  I still want a few...but decided 159 at amzn was too much.

If anyone has a 30% off coupon from the kids clubs you can stack it with 10% off for members @ B&******

YMMV

I tried to use this yesterday and some hard nosed store manager would not let me. She claimed the Architecture Studio was considered a hobby, and not a toy. She spent a good fifteen minutes trying to decide whether to let me use it or not. Then I politely asked if she could do a 20% override seeing that I left my 20% off member coupons at home and she refused to do that as well. All of this happened while my two children were acting up and clearly wanted to leave. Easily one of my least pleasant experiences at B&******. guess I'll have to use the 30% on some Lego "toy" instead.

YMMV

I tried to use this yesterday and some hard nosed store manager would not let me. She claimed the Architecture Studio was considered a hobby, and not a toy. She spent a good fifteen minutes trying to decide whether to let me use it or not. Then I politely asked if she could do a 20% override seeing that I left my 20% off member coupons at home and she refused to do that as well. All of this happened while my two children were acting up and clearly wanted to leave. Easily one of my least pleasant experiences at B&N. guess I'll have to use the 30% on some Lego "toy" instead.

When I presented the coupon the cashier pretty much said the same thing and the assistant manager wasn't sure which way it goes. I had already tried the coupon online and it worked but I wanted the extra 10% off so I went to the store instead. I informed the lady that it worked online and after some hesitation she looked it up herself and said that I was right since its under the kids educational classification , she apologized and it all went smoothly after that. I even had a 5$ certificate from the kids club to add to my discount.All in all I paid 95.32$ after tax.

Note: I also bought an egift card before going for 75$ to use for the transaction, so I'm expecting a free 10$ GC in December.