Get an Architecture Studio 21050 before they are gone

Jeff Mack

Guys, we're starting to make this a little personal here. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and each should respect the other.

Sorry, nobody cares whether or not you will buy it. Obviously you buy very little in the way of investments. For the investor that actually invests, this could be a quality purchase if bought as a complete sealed box. The short production run, if true, could make this a true sleeper set.

The people who come on here to announce they "won't be buying" something usually don't have two nickles to rub together to buy the set that they just announced they wouldn't be buying. They probably would have bought the set if they had the money, though. See my point?

Damnation, I am sure some people do not care about yours or even my own opinion either but we still have the right to one regardless. Perhaps Comicblast is not a major player but from every post of his I have read since his joining of the site, I get the impression he is not someone to simply not purchase something because of a high price. Many times before he has mentioned how he does just about any sort of chore or oddjob to earn himself the money to buy whatever he wants for himself or investing so there really isn't a question of him downplaying the set because he does not have the cash for it at the moment.

I agree with your statement about the Architecture Studio possibly being a true sleeper set. I just find your original opening statement an unnecessary 'dig' towards another member.

I got one of these on CL for dirt cheap and sold it overseas for $190. I think it has a strong chance of doing well if it's truly going EOL soon.

Also if I remember right Comicblast is in his teens and lets just face it, most of us weren't cool enough to be Lego inventing when we were teens.

LOL. I don't care if you care about anything I ever post about. Besides, I never said a thing about investing in this set in any way. I was referring to its value as a set to build, and Oldsmobile summed up my point beautifully. I won't be picking up this set to build because the only thing that interests me in this set for building is the manual/booklet (emphasis on the word ME. I'm voicing my opinion, of which I am fully entitled to do so). It sounds like you don't build too often, since by the looks of it, you only invest. I'd give it a try...might help you vent some of that hostility. :good:

Well this is a site about investing. Even my mind goes there first over building

Why would this set retire so soon? It was just released and it's not even the holidays yet. I'd figure it would stick around for a while.

Perhaps maybe it isn't getting the attention or the sales that TLG imagined? Why does TLG retire anything? I'd say 75% of the sets they produce are worthy to be in production for more than 2 years. Often sets that are "pioneers" of their type get shorter production times. Look at the first few modulars, or a few of the first wave Ninjago sets, like 2260 Ice Dragon Attack. IDA didn't even make it to a year in production.

I got one of these on CL for dirt cheap.

Curious..What does "dirt cheap" mean?

I've edited by first post, so we can now drop the arguement if it's fine with y'all :danced:

It has 272 pages...and I'm trying to download it right now. For the last 2 hours. LOL...Be warned! The file is 413.9 MB. My eyes will probably fall out if I try to read it in one sitting, but who cares?! I can build without eyes, right? :geek:

LOL... What are you using?  A 56k modem?  Took about a minute for me.... :twitch:

It has 272 pages...and I'm trying to download it right now. For the last 2 hours. LOL...Be warned! The file is 413.9 MB. My eyes will probably fall out if I try to read it in one sitting, but who cares?! I can build without eyes, right? :geek:

Do you have a link to the book for download please? I would love to check it out for sure.

Just grabbed one at BN for $108 + tax. Used 20% off coupon and 10% membership discount. Gotta love stacking discounts at BN!

Was that in store or online?

In store. The 20% off coupons usually dont work on Lego when you buy online. But I didnt check for sure this time.

Dang. I just got those coupons yesterday or this morning but the nearest Barnes & Noble is a good half hour or more one way. :wacko: Last time I was there, I do not remember seeing any Lego at all.

Jeeze, is there a single item on Barnes & Noble without this on the listing?

Note: This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated.

Far as I can see, the Studio set is the only Lego applicable to their coupons. Ugh, no wonder I didn't get to use the last coupon they sent me! :frantics:

Do you have a link to the book for download please? I would love to check it out for sure. 

It is on BrickOwl right under the initial preview pictures. 

• Like 1

Jeeze, is there a single item on Barnes & Noble without this on the listing?

Far as I can see, the Studio set is the only Lego applicable to their coupons. Ugh, no wonder I didn't get to use the last coupon they sent me! :frantics:

Well the Pirate Ship Ambush allowed it during their sale... though people had order's cancelled for both lots of discount

It is on BrickOwl right under the initial preview pictures.

Thank you, you lifesaver you! :ok: And the download has about less than 8 minutes left before complete as I type this response. :read:

Orcking, you can go to B & N website, and choose the store you want to pick up a specific item. It will tell you if it is available That way, you can know if the Architecture studio is in that location.

Thank you for the tip, auntiemamel.