Get an Architecture Studio 21050 before they are gone

Jeff Mack

To be honest, in this set I'm only interested in the book, so I won't be buying it. For anyone who just wants the instructions, BrickOwl has a copy on their website! :D

http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-architecture-studio-set-21050-instructions/viewer#

**EDIT** - This post refers to this set as a set bought with the purpose of building. There was some confusion later on in the thread.

Edited by comicblast

To be honest, in this set I'm only interested in the book, so I won't be buying it. For anyone who just wants the instructions, BrickOwl has a copy on their website! :D

http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-architecture-studio-set-21050-instructions/viewer#

Sorry, nobody cares whether or not you will buy it.  Obviously you buy very little in the way of investments.  For the investor that actually invests, this could be a quality purchase if bought as a complete sealed box.  The short production run, if true, could make this a true sleeper set.

Sorry, nobody cares whether or not you will buy it. Obviously you buy very little in the way of investments. For the investor that actually invests, this could be a quality investment if bought as a complete sealed box. The short production run, if true, could make this a true sleeper set.

That's not nice. Sorry, nobody cares whether or not you care whether or not he buys it.

• Like 3

That's not nice. Sorry, nobody cares whether or not you care whether or not he buys it.

Just being honest.  The people who come on here to announce they "won't be buying" something usually don't have two nickles to rub together to buy the set that they just announced they wouldn't be buying.  They probably would have bought the set if they had the money, though.  See my point?  

I have the money, but I'm not buying this set. I think it's too obscure. $150 is already more than I think most are willing to pay; I don't see it reaching $250+, regardless of how cool the book is. It's basically a brick bucket for adults, and I figure adults would rather have b-wings or volkswagens. Or even a Robie House, maybe.

I do like the set for all the varied parts in white but there are so many other sets out there I would rather have instead honestly and that is just my opinion.

The book would certainly make a great read. How many pages does it hold? Like a thousand? Ha.

I have the money, but I'm not buying this set. I think it's too obscure. $150 is already more than I think most are willing to pay; I don't see it reaching $250+, regardless of how cool the book is. It's basically a brick bucket for adults, and I figure adults would rather have b-wings or volkswagens. Or even a Robie House, maybe.

To each his own, but a very short production run like this on the most unique set of a theme is too good to pass up in my opinion.  Also, after people are done talking about it on the site after a month, it won't be that obscure.

I was a big fan of this set before it "sold out" on LEGO S@H.  I was going to buy one with double VIP points, but it was gone.  If it is indeed retired, this is a winner in my book.  I know a lot of people(like myself) blew this set off early, waiting to buy one or two at a later date.  Well, it is already getting too late.  If you are an Architecture theme fan, it is a must have IMO.

I was a big fan of this set before it "sold out" on LEGO S@H.  I was going to buy one with double VIP points, but it was gone.  If it is indeed retired, this is a winner in my book.  I know a lot of people(like myself) blew this set off early, waiting to buy one or two at a later date.  Well, it is already getting too late.  If you are an Architecture theme fan, it is a must have IMO.

It is surprising how fast this set has already left the building it seems. It has been available for, what is it, five months and already being retired? Jeeze. If the exclusivity wasn't a winner, the uniqueness towards its targeted audience would be a sure bet.

Sorry, nobody cares whether or not you will buy it.  Obviously you buy very little in the way of investments.  For the investor that actually invests, this could be a quality purchase if bought as a complete sealed box.  The short production run, if true, could make this a true sleeper set.

Actually a lot of people do - honestly I think less people care about your opinion.

I love when people list why they would or wouldn't buy it. You know why? Because it tells us who might or might not want it after it retires. All of that is relevant. If you don't think it is, then clearly you are upset that you are failing at investing. At least don't take it out on other valuable members.

Im gonna grab one, just because I don't think it can fail enough that Iwont get my money back. If it comes back in stock Ill probably offload it.

• Like 1

I don't think it contains enough unique, valuable parts to justify the $150 MSRP, although the instruction book looks neat.  Maybe the price will spike around $200 in the next few months, but I can't see it cresting $250 for several years.  

What draws me to the Architecture line as a collector is the chance to build a well-designed model of an international landmark that is also small enough to display on a desk or bookshelf.  Since I'm neither a skilled MOCer nor an architect, I doubt I could use this set to build a well-designed model of anything--certainly nothing I would want other people to view!  

I don't think it contains enough unique, valuable parts to justify the $150 MSRP, although the instruction book looks neat.  Maybe the price will spike around $200 in the next few months, but I can't see it cresting $250 for several years.  

What draws me to the Architecture line as a collector is the chance to build a well-designed model of an international landmark that is also small enough to display on a desk or bookshelf.  Since I'm neither a skilled MOCer nor an architect, I doubt I could use this set to build a well-designed model of anything--certainly nothing I would want other people to view!  

I think is a definite concern. Right now I think most of its value would come from it being on the market so short.

If the Zombies was on the market for two years, its probably a 75$ set. On the market 4-5 months, hence what we get.

Actually a lot of people do - honestly I think less people care about your opinion.

I love when people list why they would or wouldn't buy it. You know why? Because it tells us who might or might not want it after it retires. All of that is relevant. If you don't think it is, then clearly you are upset that you are failing at investing. At least don't take it out on other valuable members.

Im gonna grab one, just because I don't think it can fail enough that Iwont get my money back. If it comes back in stock Ill probably offload it.

It is not personal.  If you want to listen to a kid that doesn't invest in any meaningful way, then go for it.  

It is not personal.  If you want to listen to a kid that doesn't invest in any meaningful way, then go for it.  

LOL. I don't care if you care about anything I ever post about. Besides, I never said a thing about investing in this set in any way. I was referring to its value as a set to build, and Oldsmobile summed up my point beautifully. I won't be picking up this set to build because the only thing that interests me in this set for building is the manual/booklet (emphasis on the word ME. I'm voicing my opinion, of which I am fully entitled to do so). It sounds like you don't build too often, since by the looks of it, you only invest. I'd give it a try...might help you vent some of that hostility.  :good:

• Like 3

The book would certainly make a great read. How many pages does it hold? Like a thousand? Ha.

It has 272 pages...and I'm trying to download it right now. For the last 2 hours. LOL...Be warned! The file is 413.9 MB. My eyes will probably fall out if I try to read it in one sitting, but who cares?! I can build without eyes, right? :geek: