Anyone doing anything this Halloween?

TheOrcKing

I think I have a problem, but I just hate halloween. I don't like playing dress up. I don't mind all the other stuff and going out for a party - but just the costume stuff kills me. But I think it is because My wife always picks what I am.

One year I picked and I was Tom Brady (when he had long hair). That one was not too bad.

Hitting up the LEGO store for free key chain, then off to trick or treating in the neighborhood.  Then we will come back, sort the candy, and give out the crap we got that no one likes to other trick or treaters.  Take that orange and black bit o honey nasty nock offs. :hairy:  I'm going to dress like Hagrid.

Waiting right now for the little ones to ring the door bell.  Lasts til 8 PM here.  First 20 of the kids will get last years Halloween witch (40032), the rest Capri Sun, Play Doh and Bags of pretzels.

Free Lego sets. I wish I had that kind of Halloween when I was younger.

Guest eightbrick

Definitely not Series 10. I am not having any chance of giving away a Mr.Gold. I would not give them away to begin with. Maybe if I got some free Halloween stuff, I would give it away.

Yeah, that would be bad (good for them... until I tackle them and take it back lol just kiddin'). To get y'all in the spirit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZVZaoUBls

Guest TabbyBoy

I've got a HH nearly ready to put on my lounge windowsill to be illuminated inside by red LED bike lights with a vampyre hearse next to it draped in fake cobwebs. Tbe first 5 kids (with parents) that ring my bell get a free Swamp Creature set. Of course, I'll be down the pub soon after!

Trick or Treat, then sort candy and watch a couple Halloween shows with the kids. I've been watching some movies. I watched "High Tension" and "Hellraiser 2" last night. I've already watched "Fankenstein 1931", "Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman", "Halloween 1 & 2" 80's version, "Dawn of the Dead", and "Re-Animator". I'm making the wife watch "The Conjuring" next week, since it's a great fright flick. I've already seen it.

Guest TabbyBoy

Trick or Treating is more or less a dead thing in England now, very much frowned upon, although I believe it's still popular in America?

Otherwise I don't really care for it.

Not dead where I am, pardon the pun. TBH.... it's a more beleivable festiival than that one a about that dead bearded bloke who died 2013 years ago.

brickcrazyhouse, I checked your gallery and I totally dig seeing all the monsters as well as 'trick or treaters' walking about in your modular cityscape. :good:

Trick or Treating is more or less a dead thing in England now, very much frowned upon, although I believe it's still popular in America?

Why would the idea of kids having a fun night be frowned upon?

Guest eightbrick

Not dead where I am, pardon the pun. TBH.... it's a more beleivable festiival than that one a about that dead bearded bloke who died 2013 years ago.

I disagree with you on that one, but that one is pushing the envelope for me, and uncalled for IMO. I'll let it slide this time.... :threaten:

I'm not going to get into a theological debate but yeah, we probably shouldn't bring religion into anything here, things tend to explode. Besides, Halloween started off as a religious event too so I'm not sure what your point is.

And yes, brickcrazyhouse your gallery has lots of cool pics! Hahaha those mascot CMFs fit perfectly!

You have it all wrong, Comicblast - it's perfectly fine for anyone who wants to to take a dig at Christianity, we're just not allowed to defend ourselves or it becomes "off topic". It's their way of helping us learn to turn the other cheek!  :twitch:  Really, we should be THANKING them.

(And look at the plus side: soon enough there will be enough parents telling their children how dumb and uncool Christianity is that their teenagers will rebel and start secretly reading the Bible and meeting in basements to discuss the beatitudes. We started as wacky fringe underdogs, embrace it!  :thumbsup:  )