Anyone doing anything this Halloween?

TheOrcKing

brickcrazyhouse, I checked your gallery and I totally dig seeing all the monsters as well as 'trick or treaters' walking about in your modular cityscape. :good:

Why would the idea of kids having a fun night be frowned upon?

It teaches extortion to kids ? "Trick or treat" is not just an empty threat when you ask people whose houses have been teepeed

What? Hagrid isn't dead

He meant Dumbledore

Trick or Treating is more or less a dead thing in England now, very much frowned upon, although I believe it's still popular in America?

Otherwise I don't really care for it.

I am coming to your house.

Actually it is funny though, we sound like store openings or something:

FIRST ONE HERE GETS A FREE LEGO SET!!!

in my country halloween which is not even our ''festival'' or party, is a just a drinking party with facepainting organized mostly by pubs etc.... I skip the painting and drink Whiskey since its American drink for American holiday party....

We only have the Bourbon and sour mash whiskey's.  Scotland has the good stuff.  I think there are some Chinese whisky's that are getting some good reviews, too.  

Guest brickcrazyhouse

in my country halloween which is not even our ''festival'' or party, is a just a drinking party with facepainting organized mostly by pubs etc.... I skip the painting and drink Whiskey since its American drink for American holiday party....

Someone will have to have a extra drink for me.  All this talk about what people will be drinking is frustrating, almost as trying to keep up with the 4199 thread. here's a palate cleanser

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2211553/Halloween-coming-town-Adorable-photos-disabled-children-using-chairs-bring-little-bit-Hollywood-scary-season.html

edit: ok it was supposed to be just the first pic but it didn't work 

• 1 year later...

Well here is another year with another festival for Ol' Hallows Eve right around the corner. I bought some candy like Gummy Eyeballs, Sour Crawlers, Box of Boogers, etcetera, and might pop in some monster classics to watch or something. Then later on.... it'll be time to kidnap Sandy Klaws. :spiteful:

I'm dressing up as Elsa from Frozen and my boyfriend is Olaf.  We're taking his little one (another little Elsa and lego-maniac in training) trick or treating and then we'll most likely play hide and go seek in the dark with glow sticks followed by competitive strategy board games like Survive! and Ticket to Ride.  Happy halloween all!

Guest brickcrazyhouse

for every elsa that comes to the door we're going to take a shot. predicting we have to turn the light off early.

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

Our neighborhood, I kid you not, is like in ET - there are tons of kids.  You can't drive down the road, because it's so busy.  There are some houses where you can go through 4 bags of Costco candy, and still no make it past 7pm.  It's nuts.

There aren't really any subdivisions near us.  It's at least 15 minutes (or more) in any direction.  So kids are literally bussed into our neighborhood.  Dropoffs begin about 5 PM, and things go until 9 PM.

And that's just on a regular night.  This year, with it being Friday, we're thinking it's going to be huge.  We live in a cul-de-sac, so we're roping it off, and all of us neighbors are planning a big potlock and drink fest after the kids go to bed.  Should be a good time.

• Like 1

I hope you all consider how lucky you are to celebrate this cool night.

Halloween is still not popular here :( people prefer to visit tombstones the next day, put flowers on them and be sad. You can't imagine how much I hate that.

I'll have a drink with a friend and see some movies like evil dead 3 or shaun of the dead, and build purple mixels (and maybe the HH if we are drunk ah ah).

Anyway, I'll leave in front of my house some candies in a plastic pumpink with candies inside, just in case... I hope I'll see it empty when I'll come back.