If I was this buyer I would be suspicious...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALED-LEGO-Monster-Fighters-9468-Vampyre-Castle-Unopened-Dracula-Vampire-/231077216154?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item35cd467f9a

Alright I wouldn't have paid that amount for it. I was checking up on these and noticed this latest auction. So yeah it went pretty high. Check the bids though. everyone who bid on it but the winner was a new account. And they bid once or twice each time in between the winner.

Fraud bidding?

Ebay is a dangerous place, clearly. Will have to keep fraud like this in mind. Why would he pay $180 for it though? International Shipping it says, so he must be someplace where that appears to be a good deal. 

Yeah I don't know.

Unless it was the same guy with liek 5 accounts bidding his own item up to inflate market price. Ebay is pretty good about that though.

Shill bidding can carry a prison sentence.

As it should.

When I first was on Ebay I had this happen to me. I was buying a guitar and somehow I was getting barely outbid and I would bid again, and it would happen again.

I looked at the bidding history later on. All 6 times I was outbid was buy a new account with 0 feedback. I contacted Ebay

Could easily be an international buyer though. These sets retail for $150 here

Definite good point i didn't think about before. But it still seems he could have been bidding against a ghost?

I will admit, back in my country around 8 or so years ago i did this a couple of times on our ebay equivalent. Nothing I'm proud of, but at least I can tell myself I was young and reckless :P

DEVIL!!!

I would love to have a confession thread, but don't want to give people ideas.

When I was younger, I stole from a convenience store. Like some candy. I felt awful about it for weeks. I could never be a thief. lol

We have had problems with buyers accusing of us shill bidding because they were bidding against a 0 feedback buyer. We would never jeopardize our account doing this and ebay is real good at catching it. we got a warning and temporary restriction when my dad had bid on of our items very early in our ebay carrer. We did not know the policy at the time this was 5 years ago. Fast forward to today and we had big problem with one buyer refused to pay made all kinds of accusations and insisted we could block 0 feedback bidders because it happened to him. We have the strictest buyer requirements and there is no setting to block 0 feedback this would make no sense every buyer has to start somewhere. Showing the feedback score of the other bidders is not neccessary and I admit if I saw multiple bids by a 0 feedback buyer I would suspicious. What I am really trying to say is we get many many 0 feedback buyers who are legit they have to have a paypal account and US address to bid and just cause the buyer has 0 feedback doesnt mean there is shill bidding going on. Also Ebay sellers if you are having problems with unpaid items set up your buyer requirements we have way less than 1.0 % UPI it helps tremendously.

Guest TabbyBoy

Has anyone reported this listing to eBay yet?  They'll probably only get a warning but, will learn a lesson.  I've heard of persistent offenders being locked up.