Significance of "Good Til Cancelled" BIN listing?

So I normally list all my BIN at 30 days. I saw Good til cancelled and wondered if there is any added or subtracted benefit here.

Good: Don't have to pay relist fee

Bad: Longer item is active, lower it is in searches. Possibly how they are viewed if you sort by ending soonest?

Anyone know if its worth just setting them up so I never have to relist?

You can also assign automation rules to your listing so it will auto-relist every time it ends, regardless of the duration you choose.  Letting it go 30 days will definitely save you listing fees, but won't it be buried at the bottom of the list?  I have always assumed so, can anybody answer this and tell me otherwise?

The benefit of GTC is you get to keep your "boost" in searches for sales already made when it auto relists after 30 days. If you do a 30 day listing and it ends you have a small window to relist and still keep the boost....can't remember how long you have now...maybe 48 hours?

Now the interesting thing is if you don't make any sales after a few days Cassini will drop down your ranking in searches. I have found thru trial and error you have 3 days before you take a big hit. It does not matter if you have sold 20 previously if you are dry for three days your rank will drop significantly. After 10 days you are well down the rankings and potentially invisible. Then it is time to end the listing early yourself and relist manually but change a few things up (title, sub-category, price etc). New listings get a nice boost for 24-48 hours. The days of set and forget are long gone on ebay.

You can also assign automation rules to your listing so it will auto-relist every time it ends, regardless of the duration you choose.  Letting it go 30 days will definitely save you listing fees, but won't it be buried at the bottom of the list?  I have always assumed so, can anybody answer this and tell me otherwise?

Only if whoever is searching filters by ending soonest. The default is best match and for BIN listings time left has no bearing.

Good Til Cancelled is the only way to go IMO. Why waste time having to relist as well as potentially lose the people watching your items?

It does alert them. Do you notice people buying your that have been up forever? I was worried about them getting so far down in a search no one sees them.

Although it depends on what you are selling. Some of my items are one of the only ones on Ebay.,

It does alert them. Do you notice people buying your that have been up forever? I was worried about them getting so far down in a search no one sees them.

Although it depends on what you are selling. Some of my items are one of the only ones on Ebay.,

But how long is the time frame? Last Christmas I had items listed, and some had 40 watchers. I ended them all as I went away for 5 days for work, then relisted them the day i was back. It was never the same. 

I find many times that i can have items listed for months and no movement, then sell 10 of the same set within a week or two.

But how long is the time frame? Last Christmas I had items listed, and some had 40 watchers. I ended them all as I went away for 5 days for work, then relisted them the day i was back. It was never the same. 

I find many times that i can have items listed for months and no movement, then sell 10 of the same set within a week or two.

Yeah i guess I have seen that too. I have like 150 listings so i think I am gonna mix them up and see what happens.