Anyone use any of the Ebay Applications?

The only things I use are Selling Manager Pro (free with my level of store subscription) and Turbo Lister (but only to download my inventory from time to time, in case an eBay Zombie Apocalypse destroys all my listings and I have to re-create them.)

SMP has a lot of nice features, amongst them feedback management and lots of different sort and report options. I've been using the Sell Your Item (SYI) form since the beginning and prefer it to outside listing services (I did briefly try out Auctiva a few years back).

• 4 weeks later...

I use Turbolister. I sell maybe 200 items a year, if that, so I'm definitely not a heavy hitter. I like it for the most part, but it does seem to freeze up a lot. But, for me, it's a lot faster to use TL than to list each thing one at a time.

I did have a question, though, as I just upgraded TL and when I went to list some items, it told me about the new combined shipping rules. I don't have the combined shipping option checked in TL (I do a manual discount), so I'm not sure how I get around this error. Do I now HAVE to use the automatic combined shipping? If not, what do I need to do to make TL accept the upload? Does it have some way of "reading" the listing, so if I just add a note about putting things in the shopping cart, it will accept the upload? I'm worried if I go to the automatic shipping discount, things are going to get messed up if one item can go first class, but a purchase of multiple items would make it too heavy. I sell all different types of items, so just having a flat additional cost per item won't work either.

Any guidance is appreciated! :)

eBay doesn't want buyers to have to email sellers in advance to find out what their shipping is going to be, nor do they want buyers to have to wait on a seller to invoice them rather than just pay right away through the system.

Short answer: If there's a loophole for what you want to do, I don't know it and would advise against using it as eBay will be looking to close it.

If I were charging shipping separately I'd set up the combined rules as best I could and, in the event a buyer was seriously overcharged, would refund the difference via PayPal.

Thanks for the response. :)  Please don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to do anything untoward or buck the system.  According to what I read on Ebay about the new policy, I can continue to do manual adjustments; I just have to instruct buyers to put all items in the shopping cart and request a total.  All I'm trying to figure out is how to do that using Turbolister.  I see where you can check the automatic combined shipment discounts box, but I'm not sure how to get this to upload if I don't check that box.  I was just wondering if the system somehow read the text of the listing to determine whether those instructions were in there or not.  If I need to do the automatic combination, I will.

Thanks again. :)

Guest ph4tb0i

The only things I use are Selling Manager Pro (free with my level of store subscription) and Turbo Lister (but only to download my inventory from time to time, in case an eBay Zombie Apocalypse destroys all my listings and I have to re-create them.)

SMP has a lot of nice features, amongst them feedback management and lots of different sort and report options. I've been using the Sell Your Item (SYI) form since the beginning and prefer it to outside listing services (I did briefly try out Auctiva a few years back).

same for me. For some reason turbolister just doesn't appeal to me.