Authorized Retailer Tag on ebay

Brickshopper

Have any of you seen this authorized retailer tag/badge on ebay for diamond sellers like Toysrus. Do you think this could be something Ebay and Lego could use to limit or segregrate listings and essentially getting rid of the unauthorized resellers "us" on a brand name or category basis? Ebay has made many moves in the past and currently to favor the larger e-retailers and china sellers that choose to use their site over the smaller indepednent sellers. Could be a nightmare with best match. Top rated badge less prevelant in search and if Lego LEGO Shop at Home starts selling on ebay I would be very, very worried.Scary...

It's not scary, and eBay has no interest at all in getting rid of small sellers. Individually, we're a dime a dozen, but collectively, we are eBay's bread and butter.

eBay will not restrict the secondary market on anything that it is permitted under the law to resell, including Lego.

• Like 1

It's not scary, and eBay has no interest at all in getting rid of small sellers. Individually, we're a dime a dozen, but collectively, we are eBay's bread and butter.

eBay will not restrict the secondary market on anything that it is permitted under the law to resell, including Lego.

Actually, I will add one caveat to that sweeping statement - they do sometimes restrict flavor-of-the-month media and activist "baddies" - legal firearms, pets, etc. are not permitted.

So, if Lego bricks start turning on their owners without warning, or suddenly start launching themselves through the air to attack innocent blond toddlers, we may be in trouble.

I believe ebay has already done it there is evidence through vero Coach Bags Skullcandy Many Many More Someone out there must be able to dipsute this with some facts. Not the least bit worried.... I guess you could always sell your inventory here for at least what you paid :) if ebay tanks...

I believe ebay has already done it there is evidence through vero Coach Bags Skullcandy Many Many More Someone out there must be able to dipsute this with some facts. Not the least bit worried.... I guess you could always sell your inventory here for at least what you paid :) if ebay tanks...

Ebay has done no such thing - Coach bag selling is alive and well on eBay. VeRO is instigated by the Verified Rights Owner and applies only in cases of things like knock-offs. The Verified Rights Owner has to put their money where there mouth is if you challenge and show receipts, etc.

Yes, some companies do get VeRO happy and that is a risk if Lego elects to go that way. But even if they do, it can be fought and it is NOT being instigated by eBay. Tabberone.com is a good resource for those experiencing bogus VeRO takedowns.

And, the nice thing with Lego is there are other sales outlets. Bricklink, Brickowl, this site soon, Amazon, and more.