Free Exclusive LEGO Minifigure, 5-pk. or Collector Box

binici

Went to my TRU today. Friends Dolphin Cruiser was actually at MSRP. Shocking I know. So I bought two with BOGO 40%. Guy stocking the Lego aisles had no idea what I was talking abt when I asked about the free minifigure 5pack even tho there were signs everywhere. He kept directing me to the CMFs. Turned out they were keeping them at the cashier. But when she scanned it in it didn't come out as free. She had to call the manager over who said to change the price from $19.99 to $.01. It was just a penny but I was a bit peeved bc it's supposed to be free. It's the principle of it!

Anyway I want to check out another TRU this week to see if I can score another minifigure pack. Did anyone have any probs trying to get the deal twice? Wondering if its tied to your rewards number or something.

I was thinking the same thing?

Basically, I'd like two packs, one for myself and the other to sell off, perhaps...

Anyhow, some TRU have funky prices in-store...

Just came back from the store.

Was pondering around if I should purchase for collecting or for presents, so I decided both.

Picked up the Battle of Hoth and Echo Base sets for $130, which isn't terrible, but was nice to have a 5-pak for free and earn more reward points.

The manager at TRU has seen my face more then once with large piles of Lego. I went in to have my GKB price matched ( I bought them the day before the 1/2 off and received the sea plane polybag) and she, believe it or not, handed me the set of figures (week 2) for free as well as the Turkey polybag. TRU may be dirty, overpriced store, but there is something to be said about some of the people working there. Planning on giving mine away as a gift to someone in particular for Xmas. 

Yeah I just took a closer look at my free minifigures and I got Week 2 (Vol. 2/3) too! Does this mean they ran out of Week 1? Or maybe they flubbed and unpacked the wrong box. Oh well, guess I'll just sell my Week 2 set this week  :shifty:

Finally hit a TRU store today that still has 5 pk minifigure set available.  Originally I was planning to get two Dolphin Cruisers, but surprisingly they still have a few Hillside House 5771 on the shelves.  So I grabbed two with a free 5 pk minifigure set.  Not a bad deal at all given the Hillside House has been retired for several months now.

So paid $130 out the door.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the stores are only getting 20 to 25 of each series on the bricktober packs.  I got a series 3 of 3 from one the first week because they just wanted to get rid of them all and not deal with them.  I have noticed most stores are out of them within a few days.  The stores with any left must be pretty slow in sales or be in the ghetto.

I think the stores are only getting 20 to 25 of each series on the bricktober packs.  I got a series 3 of 3 from one the first week because they just wanted to get rid of them all and not deal with them.  I have noticed most stores are out of them within a few days.  The stores with any left must be pretty slow in sales or be in the ghetto.

They are pretty awesome to sell online too. Getting $25 for each volume on Ebay.

That's true, but you did have to suffer with their markup price in the first place, unless they allowed you to do PM and still handed you the free 5 pk minifigure.

Yeah. I found a deal during all of it though. I used the BOGO, and the 15% coupon and of course my TRU credit card. I got 10% back in a giftcard on the order and got 8 Uruk-Hai army's for $202 + 2 Bricktober Minifig packs.

I sold the Minifig packs for about $19 a piece after fees. I parted out 5 of the Uruk's and am close to getting almost the rest of the money I spent back. So I will basically get 3 Uruks free out of the deal.

• Like 1

This week, for an OK deal, you could get the Creator Highway Pickup 7347 for $63.74. With the 10% back on a gift card offer for a final cost of $57.37, it matches the current price on Amazon and is 28% off MSRP and you get the minifigure set.

Or you could buy a bunch of the Robin and Redbird Cycle 30166 or Iron Man vs Fighting Drone 30167 polybags to qualify for the minifigure set and get the 10% back later and both polybags are still selling for $10+ on eBay. 

These were gone as soon as they hit the shelves here. 

One of my TRU's has about 20 each still hanging up. I left them for other kids/families since they are having the Buy a $20 set get the free polybag promo on Saturday. 

With TRU being TRU, all the $20 sets (Wolverine's Chopper) are marked up to $25 so the people will think they are getting a "free" polybag and are actually paying full price for it. Gotta love TRU...8-)

The one Toys R Us "Express" I went to (if you're not lucky enough to have one in a mall near you, imagine TRU's jacked up prices... Jacked up another %20 or so), they had these for sale on the front counter for $19.99. The employee at the desk said they were only selling them, but when I asked (complained) to the manager she said they were honoring the giveaway too. 

But the fact they were selling them at all KIND OF defeats to point of a giveaway promo item.

The full blown TRU's I went to all had them at the customer service counter only.

Went to TRU today and picked up the Coast Guard Patrol for $64.99 and received the free volume 3 five pack.  It's about the best deal TRU has going this week to get the freebie.  They also honored the volume 2 five pack yesterday along with the Robin and Red Bird Cycle and Iron Man vs Fighter Drone special they had going.  First time I've ever been able to stack ANY promos at TRU.